In the creation of thread rope, many different fibers which come from various plants are actually twisted all together to form yarns. A number of yarns are then fabricated into strands. And rope is finally made from a quantity of strands.
Classification of fiber
Nylon is the core composition of the synthetic fiber, usually the tensile strength of nylon is almost three times of vegetable fiber. The character of waterproof made nylon can work well in moisture condition. Rope made of nylon can stop rot, fungus growth, decay and abrasion also.
Long time improper care could cause negative effects on the strength and useful life of fiber rope. When maintenance fiber rope, follow these principles as below:
- Avoid exposure to chemicals
- Thaw a frozen rope completely before use
- Coil rope loosely after use
- Keep and store in dry environment
- Slacken taut ropes before they are exposed to rain
- Avoid pulling rope over sharp edges