Hans-Babo von Rohr
|Hans-Babo von Rohr|
9 October 1922|
|Died||14 February 1945
|Years of service||1941–1945|
|Rank||Oberleutnant der Reserve (Posthumously)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Hans-Babo von Rohr (9 October 1922, Wolletz – 14 February 1945) was a highly decorated Oberleutnant der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hans-Babo von Rohr was credited with destroying 58 armoured vehicles during World War II. He was killed 14 February 1945 and was posthumously promoted to Oberleutnant der Reserve and on 24 February 1945 he received Oak Leaves.[Notes 1]
 Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (6 December 1943)
- 1st Class (28 January 1944)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (1945)
- Eastern Front Medal
- 3 Tank Destruction Badges for Individual Combatants
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
 See also
- According to Scherzer he died of wounds on 15 February 1945.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 637.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 295.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 81.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.