Hazara Democratic Party
|Hazara Democratic Party
هزاره ڈیموکریٹیک پارٹی
Abdul Khaliq Hazara
|Founder||Hussain Ali Yousafi|
|Headquarters||Mehrabad Alamdar RoadQuetta,
Unite: Hazara Town, Quetta Pakistan
|Youth wing||Hazara Student Federation|
|Colors||Yellow, Red, white and Green|
|[ www.hdp.org.pk ]|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
In September 2002, the political worker, Scholar and other hazara tribesmen worked together to form a political platform for the Hazaras of Pakistan which will serve the nation for their rights and justice. After meeting with different political worker and tribesmen on July 1, 2003 they announced a national and political Party with the name of Hazara Democratic Party " هزاره ڈیموکریٹک پارٹی"  (HDP).
There are about 600,000 Hazaras in Balochistan, based in Quetta, Khuzdar, Zhob, Loralia and Dera Murad Jamali. Before the HDP's formation, Hazara people did not have a formal political entity and didn't have much share in provincial or national politics. But Hazara democratic Party is trying to orient the community into becoming aware of the region's politics and to protect their interests. Hazara Democratic Party also has a women's wing consisting of nine units. HDP encourage female participation on all levels of sociopolitical life. HDP is a liberal and democratic party and firmly believe in equal opportunities for women in national life.
Hussain Ali Yousafi who was elected as a Chairman of the Hazara Democratic Party on 26 September 2008 was shot dead by the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Deobandi extremist group in the Pakistani city of Quetta on 26 January 2009. The death of Hussain Ali Yousafi was shocking not only for Hazaras but also for Pakistan and was condemned worldwide. Hussain Ali Yousafi was working for peace and humanity in his social and political time period of thirty years. Which lead to a worldwide protest against the assassination of Hussain Ali Yousofi and other assassinations of Hazaras.
Worldwide protest 2012
- Muhammad Jawad Easar, (2003–2008)
- Hussain Ali Yousafi, (September 2008 – January 2009) Martyred Chairman
- Abdul Khaliq Hazara, ( November 2010 – Present)
Major office bearers (current)
|Chairman||Abdul Khaliq Hazara|
|First Vice Chairman||Azizullah Hazara|
|Second Vice Chairman||Mirza Husain Hazara|
|General Secretary||Ahmed Ali Kohzad|
|Deputy Secretary||Younas Changezi|
|Economic Secretary||Mohammad Hanif Hazara|
|Information secretary||Mohammad Reza Wakil|
|Organizing Secretary||Hamid Hazara|
- Javad Hazara
- Ahmad Ali Kohzad, Nazim Halqa 60
- Mohammad Reza Hazara, Naib Nazim halqa 60
- Mirza Hazara
- Mohammad Reza Wakil
- "welcome to". Pakistanpolitics.org. 2007-12-09. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "Associated Press of Pakistan - President Zardari condemns killing of Hazara Democratic Party’s leader". App.com.pk. 2009-01-27. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "BREAKING NEWS: Hazara Politician Hussain Ali Yousafi Shot Dead « Hazara News Pakistan". Hazaranewspakistan.wordpress.com. 2009-01-26. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "APC Condemns Target Killing, Resolution Terms Yousufi’s Murder at the Hand of State-institutions « Hazara News Pakistan". Hazaranewspakistan.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "Associated Press of Pakistan - Gilani denounces killing of Hazara Democratic Party’s leader". App.com.pk. 2009-01-27. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "Balochistan's Hazaras speak out — Qurat ul ain Siddiqui interviews Secretary-General of the Hazara Democratic Party, Mr Abdul Khaliq Hazara". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- Balochistan's Hazaras speak out — Qurat ul ain Siddiqui interviews Secretary-General of the Hazara Democratic Party, Mr Abdul Khaliq Hazara
- Chairman of HDP Speech
- President Zardari condemns killing of Hazara Democratic Party’s leader
- Hazara Democratic Party Protests Price Hike, Load Shedding
- Violence in Quetta after Hazara Democratic Party leader’s murder
- ہزارہ رہنما ہلاک، ہنگامہ آرائی شروع