Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
|Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali|
|Motto in English||In Pursuit of Knowledge|
|Location||Ajitgarh, Punjab, India
|Campus||Suburban, 125 acres|
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali) is an autonomous academic institution established in 2007 at Mohali, Punjab, India. It is one of the five Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), established by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, to research in frontier areas of science and to provide science education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The institute was approved by The Planning Commission in New Delhi in July 2006 and land was provided by The Punjab State government. The foundation stone of IISER Mohali was laid on 27 September 2006 by the Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh. The Computing Facility of IISER Mohali was inaugurated on 3 September 2007 by T. Ramasami (Secretary, Department of Science and Technology). The Earth-breaking ceremony for IISER boundary wall was held on 29 December 2008 at the proposed campus site in Knowledge City, Sector 81, S.A.S. Nagar. The ceremony was performed by N. Sathyamurthy, the director of the institute.
C.N.R. Rao inaugurated the Chemistry Research Laboratory on 8 April 2009. The Central Analytical Facility of IISER Mohali has been inaugurated in March 2010. Initially the institute started its working from a transit campus in Mahatma Gandhi State Institute of Public Administration (MGSIPA), Chandigarh. In March 2010, institute started shifting to its permanent campus in The Knowledge City at Sector 81 with the opening of Central Analytical Facility (CAF) and completed the shifting in May 2013 by shutting operations in MGSIPAP complex, Sector 26, Chandigarh.
- Integrated Master's level (B.S.-M.S.): Admission to this program is after 10+2 years of school training and is currently done in co-ordination with the other IISERs through a Joint Admission Programme.
- Integrated Doctoral Program(Int. Ph.D.): Students after three years of undergraduate education can join the program.
- Doctoral Program (Ph.D.): Admission to the doctoral program is after a Master's degree in science.
- NMR Research Facility (NMR)
- X-ray Facility - X-ray Diffraction Crystallograph
- Cell Culture Facility
- Atomic Force microscope
- Laser Raman and AFM Facility-Raman Infra red spectroscope
- Circular Dichroic Spectrometer
- Atmospheric Chemistry Facility
- Computing Facility
- Health Centre