Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012|
|Selection process||Internal Selection|
|Selection date(s)||7 February 2012|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (13th, 33 points)|
|Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Israel participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The Israeli entry was selected through an internal selection, organised by the Israeli broadcaster IBA. Izabo represented Israel with the song "Time", which failed to qualify from the first semi-final, achieving 13th place with 33 points.
Israel was rumoured to have withdrawn from the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest, because the date of the final falls on the same day as Shavuot, an Israeli holiday on the 26th of May. On 7 August 2011, IBA confirmed its participation despite difficulties, because of Azerbaijan's open border with Iran.
IBA planned a new national final with a live final to be held in January or February 2012, but this plan was cancelled in January 2012, because of scheduling problems.  On 7 February 2012, IBA announced its internally selected entry, which is "Time", by the band Izabo.
A shortlist of 8 artists were invited by the IBA to submit songs for this year's contest. The following artists are reported to have submitted a song:
The following artists were invited by the IBA, yet did not submit a song:
Israel competed in the second half of the first semi-final (10th on stage), on 22 May 2012, following Finland and preceding the San Marino. Israel received 33 points and placed 13th, thus failing to qualify for the final on 26 May.
- In the Semi-final Israel came 13th with 33 points: the public awarded Israel 16th place with 16 points and the jury awarded 9th place with 72 points.
Points awarded to Israel
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Israel
Semi final 1
Points awarded in first semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Semi-Final (1)". Eurovision.tv.
- Webb, Glen (1 March 2012). "Israel: Izabo officially present their entry for Baku". Eurovision.tv.
- Laufer, Gil (23 May 2011). "Israel might be out of Eurovision 2012". EscToday.com. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Barak, Itamar (7 August 2011). "Israel: 'IBA decided to participate in 2012'". EscToday.com. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Barak, Itamar (27 October 2011). "Israel: Outline for 2012 national final revealed". EscToday.com. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Barak, Itamar (5 January 2012). "Israel: Kdam-Eurovision cancelled". EscToday.com. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Barak, Itamar (7 February 2012). "Group Izabo to represent Israel in Baku!". EscToday.com. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- בר-און, ערן (7 February 2012). "הפתעה: "איזבו" בדרך לאירוויזיון". ynet.co.il. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Siim, Jarmo (18 June 2012). "Eurovision 2012 split jury-televote results revealed". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv.