Jim Walton attends the 2011 Walmart Shareholders Meeting
June 7, 1948 |
|Education||University of Arkansas|
|Occupation||Chairman of Arvest Bank|
|Known for||Walton family fortune|
|Net worth|| US $33.3 billion (est.)
|Spouse(s)||Lynne McNabb Walton|
|Relatives||Sam Walton (father)|
James Carr Walton (born June 7, 1948) is the youngest son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton and the Chairman of Arvest Bank. Walton has served on the Walmart Board of Directors since 2005 and is currently a member of the Executive Committee.
As of November 2013, The Bloomberg Billionaires Index lists Jim Walton as the 10th richest man in the world with an estimated net worth of 38.2 billion. Previously, Walton was listed as the 9th-richest person in the world by Forbes.
Walton received a bachelor's degree from the University of Arkansas. He is married to Lynne McNabb Walton and has four children, including Alice Anne Walton and Thomas Layton Walton. The family resides in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Richard S. Tedlow, Sam Walton: Great From the Start (July 23, 2001), Harvard Business School.
- "Real Time Billionaires url=http://www.forbes.com/real-time-billionaires". Forbes.
- "Jim Walton Profile - Forbes". Forbes. September 2013. Retrieved November 30, 2013.
- "Jim C. Walton, Board of Directors". Walmart Corporate. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Bloomberg Billionares Index". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved November 30, 2013.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|