Elliott in 2010.
|Born||July 6, 1971|
|Education||University of California at Santa Barbara
Columbia School of Journalism
|Occupation||Sportscaster, News anchor|
Josh Elliott (born July 6, 1971) is an American television journalist who is the news anchor for ABC's Good Morning America. Previously, he was co-anchor for the live telecast of ESPN's SportsCenter from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET with Hannah Storm or Sage Steele. He formerly filed reports for SportsCenter, filled in as a co-host on Cold Pizza and ESPN First Take, and appeared on ESPNEWS programming.
Life and career
Elliott was born on July 6, 1971. After attending Loyola High School of Los Angeles, Elliott attended the University of California at Santa Barbara, where he majored in English literature and worked for the university paper, The Daily Nexus. He was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. He then moved on to graduate school at Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism, where he earned his master's degree.
He worked in television as a producer for Galaxy Productions before moving onto 20th Century Fox. He began there in comedy development and later worked in physical production. After graduation from Columbia, Elliott worked for Sports Illustrated for six years, covering events in most major sports.
Elliott first joined ESPN in 2004 as a panelist for Around the Horn and Jim Rome Is Burning, as well as serving as guest co-host for Cold Pizza on ESPN2. On ESPN Classic, Elliott hosted the short-lived Classic Now, which aired from June 2005 to March 2006. He also started appearing as a co-anchor on ESPNEWS and reporting for SportsCenter. After Classic Now was canceled, Elliott began contributing to ESPN the Magazine and ESPN.com.
When ESPN began airing SportsCenter live every weekday morning on August 11, 2008, Elliott was paired as an anchor with Hannah Storm for the first three hours of the programming block beginning at 9:00 a.m. ET.
Good Morning America
In May 2011, Elliott joined the team at ABC's Good Morning America following the departure of previous news anchor Juju Chang. He also started as a substitute anchor on the weekend edition of ABC World News, debuting on May 21, 2011. Elliott also anchored an afternoon edition of Good Morning America, titled Good Afternoon America weekdays with Lara Spencer from July 9 until September 7, 2012.
Elliott has a daughter named Sarina.
- Josh Elliott's Biography
- "'At first I thought I had to be gay too': Josh Elliott opens up about what happened when his father came out when he was a teen". The Daily Mail. February 10, 2014. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- Gicas, Peter (February 12, 2014). "Josh Elliott Questioned His Sexual Orientation After His Father Came Out as Gay". E!. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- Huff, Richard (2008-08-01). "New 'SportsCenter' highlight: 9 to 3". Daily News. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Juju Chang Out, Josh Elliott In at Good Morning America". TV Guide. Retrieved 2011-03-29.
- "SportsCenter 9 AM - Josh Elliott & Hannah Storm". ESPN. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- Daulerio, A.J. "Josh Elliott Reluctantly Submits To An Interview With Us Before His Last Day At ESPN". Deadspin. Retrieved May 3, 2011.