|Traded as||NASDAQ: KNOL|
|Fate||Acquired by WOW!|
|Defunct||April 18, 2012|
|Headquarters||West Point, Georgia, United States|
Home Phone Service
High Speed Internet
Knology Inc. was a cable company formed in 1994 by ITC Holding Company, LLC, a telecommunications holding company in West Point, Georgia that also founded Internet service provider Mindspring. In 1999, Knology merged with Valley Telephone Company. The Knology network serves around a dozen cities in the Southern United States.
Knology also briefly owned the cable franchise in Cerritos, California, which they acquired from GTE, along with a system in Pinellas County, Florida. The Cerritos system has since been sold to Wave Broadband.
On March 2, 2000, KNOLOGY, Inc. announced strong performance in connections, revenues and homes marketed for the year and the fourth quarter of 1999 .
On March 30, 2005 , Knology Inc. reported that it narrowed its losses in 2004 and found a buyer for a California cable system it purchased in 2003 at the same time it took over cable operations in some parts of Pinellas County.
On January 9, 2007, Knology announced it had acquired Sioux Falls, South Dakota, based Prairiewave Communications for the sum of $255 million. The merger was officially finalized on April 3, 2007. On January 4, 2008, Knology closed its acquisition of Graceba Total Communications, Inc. in Dothan, Alabama. In January 2011, Knology completed the acquisition of Sunflower Broadband in Lawrence, Kansas.
Areas of Service
- Athens, Alabama
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Lanett, Alabama
- Montgomery, Alabama
- Valley, Alabama
- Prattville, Alabama
- Dothan, Alabama
- Augusta, Georgia
- Columbus, Georgia
- West Point, Georgia
- Panama City, Florida
- Pinellas County, Florida
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Lawrence, Kansas
- Rapid City, South Dakota
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Watertown, South Dakota
- "KNOLOGY Reports Strong 1999 Results".
- "Knology Trims Losses, Plans To Sell Cable Unit".
- PrairieWave change causes e-mail glitches » RapidCityJournal.com
- Knology Announces Closing of $75 Million Graceba Acquisition
- Lawhorn, Chad (January 18, 2011). "Sunflower Broadband’s new owners change name to Knology". Lawrence Journal-World. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Wow Buys Knology for $750 Million
- Knology Official Site for the Southern United States
- Knology Official Site for the Midwestern United States
|This article about a telecommunications corporation or company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|