Lincoln County, Wyoming
|Lincoln County, Wyoming|
Lincoln County Courthouse
Location in the state of Wyoming
Wyoming's location in the U.S.
|• Total||4,095 sq mi (10,606 km2)|
|• Land||4,076 sq mi (10,557 km2)|
|• Water||19 sq mi (49 km2), 0.5%|
|• Density||404/sq mi (156/km²)|
|Time zone||Mountain: UTC-7/-6|
- Teton County (north)
- Sublette County (northeast)
- Sweetwater County (east)
- Uinta County (south)
- Rich County, Utah (southwest)
- Bear Lake County, Idaho (west)
- Caribou County, Idaho and Bonneville County, Idaho (northwest)
National protected areas
- Bridger-Teton National Forest (part)
- Caribou-Targhee National Forest (part)
- Cokeville Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Fossil Butte National Monument
As of the census of 2000, there were 14,573 people, 5,266 households, and 3,949 families residing in the county. The population density was 4 people per square mile (1/km²). There were 6,831 housing units at an average density of 2 per square mile (1/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 97.15% White, 0.10% Black or African American, 0.57% Native American, 0.23% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.71% from other races, and 1.19% from two or more races. 2.16% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 29.0% were of English, 14.6% German, 9.5% American and 6.1% Irish ancestry according to Census 2000.
There were 5,266 households out of which 36.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.7% were married couples living together, 5.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.0% were non-families. 21.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.23.
In the county the population was spread out with 30.9% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 25.4% from 25 to 44, 24.2% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 102.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.3 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $40,794, and the median income for a family was $44,919. Males had a median income of $37,353 versus $20,928 for females. The per capita income for the county was $17,533. About 6.4% of families and 9.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.6% of those under age 18 and 6.4% of those age 65 or over.
There are two school districts in the county, Lincoln County School District Number 1, which includes Kemmerer High School, and Lincoln County School District Number 2, which includes Star Valley High School.
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Long, John H. (2006). "Wyoming: Individual County Chronologies". Wyoming Atlas of Historical County Boundaries. The Newberry Library. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- Urbanek, Mae (1988). Wyoming Place Names. Missoula, MT: Mountain Press Publishing Company. ISBN 0-87842-204-8.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "Historical Decennial Census Population for Wyoming Counties, Cities, and Towns". Wyoming Department of Administration & Information, Division of Economic Analysis. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Lincoln County School District Number 1
- Lincoln County School District Number 2 website
- Star Valley High School website.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lincoln County, Wyoming.|
- National Register of Historic Places listing for Lincoln Co., Wyoming
- Star Valley Wyoming in Lincoln County
||Bonneville County, Idaho
Caribou County, Idaho
|Teton County||Sublette County|
|Bear Lake County, Idaho||Sweetwater County|
|Rich County, Utah||Uinta County|