List of Rochester Institute of Technology alumni
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- John Cebrowski - member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Brian Chontosh (2000) - United States Marine Corps officer, Navy Cross Recipient
- Robert J. Duffy (1993) - Lieutenant Governor of New York (2011-); Mayor, (2006–2010) City of Rochester; past Chief of Police, City of Rochester
- David Egan (1962) - New York State Supreme Court Justice
- Bruce James - Former Public Printer of the United States
- Fiona Ma - California State Assembly Majority Whip and a San Francisco politician
- Tom McMahon - Mayor of Reading, Pennsylvania
- Rodney C. Moen - Wisconsin State Senator
- Kate Gleason - American engineer and businesswoman known both for being a revolutionary in the predominantly male field of engineering and for her philanthropy.
- Rick Kittles (1989), geneticist
- Patricia Moore (1974), industrial designer and gerontologist, author of Disguised: A True Story (1985)
- John Resig (2006), creator of jQuery
- Ramesh Shanmuganathan (1999), Executive Vice President / Group CIO - John Keells Holdings PLC, Sri Lanka
- Kwaku Alston (1994) - California based celebrity portrait photographer
- Ralph Avery (1928) - Famous artist
- Barbara Astman (1970)- Artist, Photographer
- Paul Benoit (1976) - Feature Pulitzer Prize, Boston Herald-American in 1979
- Kenneth Josephson (1932) - Photographer and founder of the Society for Photographic Education.
- Bernie Boston (1955) - Photojournalist
- Marilyn Bridges (1979 + 1981) - Aerial photographer
- Robert F. Bukay (1982) - Pulitzer Prize winning photographer for feature photography with the Associated Press in 1999
- Dean Chamberlain (1977) - Effect photographer
- Emma Lampert Cooper (1897) - Painter
- Jeff Daly - Chief Designer of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Bruce Davidson - Photographer
- Ken Geiger (1985) - Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist for spot news with The Dallas Morning News in 1993
- Stan Grossfeld (1973) - Two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist with the Boston Globe in 1984 and 1985
- James D. Havens (ca 1920) - woodblock printmaker, painter, and first American insulin recipient
- N. Katherine Hayles (1966) - Critical Theorist
- Tom Hussey - Award-winning American photographer specializing in commercial advertising and lifestyle photography.
- Bryan Kocis - Founder of Cobra Video
- Adam Kubert - Comic book artist
- Leon Lim - Artist, contestant on Work of Art: The Next Great Artist
- Dan Loh (1995) - Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist for feature photography with the Associated Press in 1999
- Zwelethu Mthethwa (1989) - South African painter and photographer
- David Muench - Landscape and nature photographer
- Elli Perkins - Professional glass artist
- Wallace Seawell (1940) - Hollywood photographer
- Daria Semegen - Composer of classical music
- Ronald Senungetuk - Inupiat artist
- William Snyder (1981) - Four-time Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist, Director of Photography, Dallas Morning News
- David Spindel - Photographer
- Anthony Suau (1978) - Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist for feature photography with the Denver Post in 1978
- Glynis Sweeny - Illustrator and cartoonist
- Emily Thompson (1984) - Associate Professor of History, Univ. of San Diego, 2005 MacArthur Foundation Fellow
- Jerry Uelsmann (1957) - Photographer, Darkroom Artist and Professor Emeritus of the University of Florida
- Craig Varjabedian - Photographer
- Eloise Wilkin (1923) - Illustrator for Little Golden Books
- Thomas R Keene - Economist to Bloomberg News
- C. A. Tripp - Psychologist and Writer
- Liz Bonis, (1988) Health Reporter, WKRC-TV, Cincinnati (Clear Channel Communications), Channel 13 WHAM-TV
- Brian Bram, comix artist for American Splendor, founder of 2 interactive agencies in Boston
- Gale Gand, (1981) Cookbook Author, Chef and Host of TV Food Network's Sweet Dreams program
- Elan Lee (1998) - alternate reality game designer
- Katie Linendoll (2005) - "Tech Expert" on A&E's We Mean Business
- Debra Meiburg, - Wine journalist, Master of Wine holder.
- Todd Chadwick Wilson, Director
- Donald N. Boyce (1967) - Retired Chairman of the Board, IDEX Corporation
- Charles S. Brown, Jr. (1979) - Chief Administrative Officer and Senior Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company
- William A. Buckingham (1964) - Retired Executive Vice President of M&T Bank
- Daniel Carp (1973) - former Chairman and CEO of the Eastman Kodak Company
- Tom Curley (1977) - President and CEO, Associated Press
- Richard P. Dararaksmey (2008) - Information Risk Manager for Commodities North America, JPMorgan Chase
- Brian H. Hall (1978) - Former President and CEO, Thomson Legal & Regulatory
- Jeffrey K. Harris (1975) - Vice President & Managing Director for Situational Awareness Systems, Lockheed Martin Integrated Systems and Solutions
- Roger W. Kober (1984) - Retired Chairman and CEO, Rochester Gas & Electric Corporation
- Robert J. Kohler, Jr. (1959) - Retired Executive Vice President and General Manager, TRW Avionics & Surveillance Group
- Kevin Lesnewski - Vice President of Marketing for Patheon
- Michael P. Morley (1969) - Retired Chief Administrative Officer and Executive Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company
- Mike Rundle, co-founder, 9rules Network
- Linda Stutsman (1994) - Chief Information Security Officer, Xerox
- Kevin Surace (1985) - CEO of Appvance, 2009 Inc. Magazine Entrepreneur of the Year, CNBC Innovator of the Decade
- Frederick T. Tucker (1963) - Former Executive Vice President and Deputy To The CEO, Motorola
- Chester N. Watson (1974) - General Auditor, General Motors
- Brian Wells (1980) - Chief Technology Officer, University of Pennsylvania Health System in Philadelphia
- Matt Hamill - three-time NCAA Division III National Champion in wrestling, Silver and Gold Medalist of the 2001 Summer Deaflympics;Mixed martial artist fought in the Ultimate Fighting Championship; Retired
- Steve Pinizzotto - Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Jerry Ragonese - Major League Lacrosse player for the Rochester Rattlers
- Chris Tanev - National Hockey League player for the Vancouver Canucks
- Steve Toll - National Lacrosse League Player
- John Williams - Equestrian Olympic bronze medal winner
Rochester Institute of Technology. "RIT Board of Trustees : Active Members". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- RIT - Overview - Fast Facts
- O'Connor, Ryan (August 30, 2012). "Candidate Profile: John Cebrowski - Government". Bedford, NH Patch. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "RIT Notable Alumni".
- Canadian Who's Who
- "Biography of Kenneth Josephson". Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Pulitzer Prizes
- Watrous, James: "The American Color Woodcuts: Bounty from the Block, 1890s-1990s" Elvehjem Museum of Art: University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1993,101.
- Feudtner, Chris: "Bittersweet: Diabetes, Insulin, and the Transformation of Illness" University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, 2003,48-53.
- Malcolm, Wade. "Murder victim led guarded life". CitizensVoice.com. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-01-28.
- William Snyder Named Director Of Photography, Dallas Morning News
- Sweeny, Glynis. "About". Glynis Sweeny Illustration.
- Memmott: Celebrating Eloise Wilkin's golden career, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, 2014/11/05
- Speakers, National Association for Business Economics, 2007. Accessed July 20, 2008.
- Kathy Lindsley (2008-09-19). "Alumna Katie Linendoll 'Means Business'".
- SFGate.com obituary
- "Freedom Forum Profile".
- "Business Cards of Graduates of the Imaging and Photographic Technology program at RIT".
- The University Magazine (Spring 2007). "RIT - Success Stories - For the best of the blogs, 9rules". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- The University Magazine (Fall 2008). "RIT - University Magazine - Class Notes". Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Capitals Sign Travis Morin, Steve Pinizzotto to Entry-Level Contracts". Washington Capitals. 2007-03-16. Retrieved 2011-01-01.