List of Vice Presidents of the United States by religious affiliation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Disciples of Christ||1|
- Religious affiliations of United States Presidents
- List of United States Vice Presidents by place of primary affiliation
- Religious affiliation in the United States Senate
- Jefferson's personal religious beliefs are the subject of great controversy. While he never formally renounced his Anglican affiliation, it is often claimed that he held deist beliefs. A few scholars have noted Unitarian tendencies in his writings, and during his presidency he was frequently accused of being an Atheist by his political opponents.
- Aaron Burr's father, Aaron Burr, Sr., was a Presbyterian minister.
- "American President: Andrew Johnson: Family Life". Miller Center of Public Affairs at the University of Virginia. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
- Levi P. Morton's father, Rev. Daniel Oliver Morton, was a Congregationalist minister.
- Includes non-denominational Christianity.
- Adherents.com Religious Affiliation of U.S. Vice Presidents Retrieved February 1, 2009