List of female Formula One drivers
Five women racing drivers have entered at least one Grand Prix, although only two of them ever qualified and started a race. The woman who competed in the most Grands Prix is Lella Lombardi, with 17 entries and 12 starts.
Desiré Wilson became the only woman to win a Formula One race of any kind when she won at Brands Hatch in the British Aurora F1 series on 7 April 1980. As a result of this achievement, she has a grandstand at Brands Hatch named after her.
|Maria Teresa de Filippis||1958 – 1959||Maserati, Behra-Porsche||5 (3)||0|
|Lella Lombardi||1974 – 1976||March, RAM, Williams||17 (12)||0.5|
|Divina Galica||1976, 1978||Surtees, Hesketh||3 (0)||-|
|Desiré Wilson||1980||Williams||1 (0)||-|
|Giovanna Amati||1992||Brabham||3 (0)||-|
Other female drivers have been contracted to Formula One teams in testing and development capacities. Most recently, Williams signed Susie Wolff as a development and test driver, and María de Villota was a test driver for Marussia until her crash in 2012 and subsequent death the following year.
- First woman to compete in a Formula 1 race: Maria Teresa De Filippis (1st race "entered": 1958 Monaco Grand Prix, 1st race "contested": 1958 Belgian Grand Prix)
- First woman to score points: Lella Lombardi (1975 Spanish Grand Prix)
- First race with more than one woman entered: 1976 British Grand Prix
- List of female Indy 500 drivers
- List of female 24 Hours of Le Mans drivers
- List of female NASCAR drivers
- Diepraam, Mattijs (October 1998). "F1's only female winner". FORIX 8W. Autosport.com. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- Elizalde, Pablo (11 April 2012). "Susie Wolff joins Williams as development driver". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- Noble, Jonathan (15 July 2013). "Wolff, Juncadella join Williams for young driver test at Silverstone". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Maria de Villota joins Marussia F1 team as test driver for the 2012 season". Autosport. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- Associated Press (11 October 2013). "Former Formula One test driver Maria de Villota dies". USA Today. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- The Observer, Interview to Maria Teresa De Filippis
- GPGuide - Driver Profile: Maria Teresa de Filippis
- Google Books, Fast Ladies: Female Racing Drivers 1888 to 1970
- The Official Formula 1 Website, Results of 1976 British Grand Prix