List of female Formula One drivers
Five women racing drivers have entered at least one Grand Prix, although only two of them ever qualified and started a race. The woman who competed in the most Grands Prix is Lella Lombardi, with 17 entries and 12 starts.
Desiré Wilson became the only woman to win a Formula One race of any kind when she won at Brands Hatch in the British Aurora F1 series on 7 April 1980. As a result of this achievement, she has a grandstand at Brands Hatch named after her.
Drivers listed in this table are those who have participated in Grands Prix or official Grands Prix practice sessions.
|Maria Teresa de Filippis||1958–1959||Maserati, Behra-Porsche||5 (3)||0|
|Lella Lombardi||1974–1976||March, RAM, Williams||17 (12)||0.5|
|Divina Galica||1976, 1978||Surtees, Hesketh||3 (0)||–|
|Desiré Wilson||1980||Williams||1 (0)||–|
|Giovanna Amati||1992||Brabham||3 (0)||–|
|Susie Wolff||2014||Williams||0* (0)||–|
* Driver has only competed in free practice sessions.
Some female drivers have participated in non-competition testing and evaluation sessions with Formula One teams. IndyCar driver Sarah Fisher performed a demonstration run with McLaren after first practice for the 2002 United States Grand Prix. Katherine Legge tested with Minardi at the Vallelunga Circuit in 2005.
Other female drivers have been contracted to Formula One teams in testing and development capacities. In 2012, Williams signed Susie Wolff as a development and test driver, and María de Villota was a test driver for Marussia until her crash in 2012 and subsequent death the following year. In 2014, Sauber signed IndyCar Series driver Simona de Silvestro as an "affiliated driver", with the goal of having her compete in 2015.
- First woman to compete in a Formula 1 race: Maria Teresa De Filippis (1st race "entered": 1958 Monaco Grand Prix, 1st race "contested": 1958 Belgian Grand Prix)
- First woman to score points: Lella Lombardi (1975 Spanish Grand Prix)
- First race with more than one woman entered: 1976 British Grand Prix
- List of female Indy 500 drivers
- List of female 24 Hours of Le Mans drivers
- List of female NASCAR drivers
- Diepraam, Mattijs (October 1998). "F1's only female winner". FORIX 8W. Autosport.com. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- "Sarah Fisher to drive McLaren". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). 19 September 2002. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Katherine Legge makes Minardi debut". F1.com. 23 November 2005. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Elizalde, Pablo (11 April 2012). "Susie Wolff joins Williams as development driver". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- Noble, Jonathan (15 July 2013). "Wolff, Juncadella join Williams for young driver test at Silverstone". Autosport (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- "Maria de Villota joins Marussia F1 team as test driver for the 2012 season". Autosport. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- Associated Press (11 October 2013). "Former Formula One test driver Maria de Villota dies". USA Today. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- Press Association (14 February 2014). "Sauber hire IndyCar driver Simona de Silvestro to prepare her for F1". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- The Observer, Interview to Maria Teresa De Filippis
- GPGuide – Driver Profile: Maria Teresa de Filippis
- Google Books, Fast Ladies: Female Racing Drivers 1888 to 1970
- The Official Formula 1 Website, Results of 1976 British Grand Prix