|Cleveland Indians – No. 8|
October 4, 1988 |
Newport, North Carolina
|Bats: Left||Throws: Right|
|June 27, 2011 for the Cleveland Indians|
(through June 13, 2014)
|Runs batted in||106|
Lonnie David Chisenhall (born October 4, 1988) is an American professional baseball third baseman with the Cleveland Indians of Major League Baseball (MLB). He was selected in the 2006 MLB Draft, but attended college at the University of South Carolina rather than entering the draft. After a disciplinary issue in his freshman year, he transferred to Pitt Community College before being selected in the 2008 MLB Draft by the Cleveland Indians.
Chisenhall made his MLB debut in June 2011. In 2012, he finished with a .260 batting average, 12 home runs, and 38 runs batted in.
Chisenhall was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 11th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft but chose to attend the University of South Carolina. Chisenhall played for the South Carolina Gamecocks baseball team in his freshman year, but was dismissed from the team after being charged with breaking into a dorm room and stealing electronic equipment. He then transferred to Pitt Community College.
On June 9, 2014, Chisenhall became the first player in MLB history to have 5 hits, 3 home runs, and 9 RBI in 5 plate appearances.
- "Star freshmen dismissed from USC baseball team". Espn.com (ESPN Internet Ventures). Associated Press. March 19, 2007. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- "Indians select INF Lonnie Chisenhall in the first round of 2008 First-Year Player Draft". Mlb.com (Press release). Major League Baseball Advanced Media. June 5, 2008. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- "Chisenhall makes impact in debut for Indians". June 28, 2011. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Hoynes, Paul (July 7, 2011). "Justin Masterson goes 8 scoreless innings in Cleveland Indians' 5–3 victory over Yankees". Plain Dealer. Cleveland, OH: Advance Media. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- Hoynes, Paul (July 7, 2011). "Travis Hafner's grand slam caps five-run ninth-inning rally as Cleveland Indians beat Toronto Blue Jays". Plain Dealer. Cleveland, OH: Advance Media. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- "Indians send 3B Lonnie Chisenhall to minors".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lonnie Chisenhall.|
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- "Indians sign 1st-round draft pick Chisenhall". USA Today. Associated Press. June 14, 2008.
- "Chisenhall Makes His Aeros Debut, Third-Base Prospect Looks To Be On Fast Track". Akron Beacon Journal. August 9, 2009.
- Manoloff, Dennis (July 16, 2010). "Scouts certain third-base prospect Lonnie Chisenhall will be a hit with the Indians". Plain Dealer (Cleveland, OH: Advance Media).
- "Lonnie Chisenhall and Eric Berger Win Weekly Carolina League Awards for K-Tribe!". Oursportscentral.com. April 27, 2009. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
- "K-Tribe's Chisenhall Wins Home Run Derby". Witn.com. June 23, 2009.
- "Chisenhall stars at plate, but Scrappers fall in 11th". The Vindicator (Youngstown, OH). July 1, 2008.
- Hood, Scott (March 13, 2007). "Splendid Mound Debut For Chisenhall". Gamecockcentral.com (Rivals.com). Retrieved September 14, 2012.