Baley na Mangaldan
Map of Pangasinan showing the location of Mangaldan
|Region||Ilocos (Region I)|
|District||4th district of Pangasinan|
|• Mayor||Bona Fe De Vera Parayno|
|• Total||48.47 km2 (18.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,000/km2 (5,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class|
Mangaldan (Pangasinan: Baley na Mangaldan) is a first class municipality in the province of Pangasinan, Philippines. It is near Dagupan City. It is in the 4th congressional district of Pangasinan. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 98,905 people.
Mangaldan was founded by Dominican order missionaries from Spain (the third such city in Pangasinan). It is known to have already been a Spanish encomienda by 1591. During World War II, Mangaldan had an airstrip that was used by the American military.
|Population census of Mangaldan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: PANGASINAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Province of Pangasinan". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mangaldan.|
- Municipality Homepage
- Mangalda Official LGU Website
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- RESIDENCIA SAN JOSE