Ministry of Transport (Malaysia)
|The Federal Government of Malaysia|
|Minister||Liow Tiong Lai|
|Deputy Minister||Abdul Aziz Kaprawi|
|Secretary General||Long See Wool|
The Ministry of Transport (Malay: Kementerian Pengangkutan) is a federal government agency of Malaysia responsible for transport infrastructure, headquartered Block D5, Parcel D of the Federal Government Administrative Centre in Putrajaya.
- To provide a supply driven integrated transport network infrastructure.
- To provide technology driven, modern and efficient transport systems.
- To provide an excellent and safe seamless public and cargo transportation.
- To provide a competitive environment for the transport industry.
- To provide effective enforcement and monitoring with integrity.
List of Transport Ministers
The following is a list of former and current Transport Minister.
- 31 August 1957 - 7 October 1959: YB Encik Abdul Rahman Hj Talib
- 18 November 1959 - 4 December 1968: YB Tan Sri Hj Sardon Hj Jubir
- 4 June 1969 - 20 September 1970: YB Tan Sri V.Manikavasagam
- 23 September 1970 - 9 February 1971: YB Dato' Abdul Ghani Gilon
- 5 January 1972 - 9 April 1974: YB Tan Sri Hj Sardon Hj Jubir
- 5 September 1974 - 15 September 1979: YB Tan Sri V.Manikavasagam
- 1 November 1979 - 31 March 1983: YB Dato' Lee San Choon
- 2 June 1983 - 6 January 1986: YB Tan Sri Chong Hon Nyan
- 7 January 1986 - 25 May 2003: YB Dato' Sri Dr. Ling Liong Sik
- 1 July 2003 - 9 March 2008: YB Dato' Sri Chan Kong Choy
- 18 March 2008 - 3 June 2010: YB Dato' Sri Ong Tee Keat
- 4 June 2010 - 5 May 2013: YB Dato' Seri Kong Cho Ha
- 16 May 2013 – 24 June 2014: YB. Dato' Seri Hishammuddin Bin Tun Hussein (Acting)
- 27 June 2014 – Present: YB. Dato' Seri Liow Tiong Lai
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|