|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|• Total||120 km2 (50 sq mi)|
|Elevation||529 m (1,736 ft)|
|• Density||80/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Nagda (Hindi: नागदा) is a city in Ujjain district in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is an industrial town in the Malwa region of western Madhya Pradesh and is situated on the bank of Chambal River.
The name of the town was actually nag-dah which means cremation/burning (dah) of snakes (nag). The ancient city was developed by king Janmejay. Janmejay was a Hindu King of Pandava Dynasty. Nagda was mentioned in the literature of Kalidasa. At Present Nagda is Known by national poet Natwarlal Snehi. its a place where he wrote his famous epic known as Gandhi Manas And Rewarded By Our Prime Minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.Presently, Nagda is a major industrial town having manufacturing unit of Viscose fibre, thermal power plant and a chemical plant, It is a major ISO granted railway junction on the Delhi–Mumbai railway line. It is exactly 694 km from both Delhi and Mumbai.
Prior to being an industrial town, Nagda was a small village. The location near river Chambal and availability of acres of land attracted Ghanshyam Das Birla to set up a major facility. Today Nagda is one of the largest viscose staple fiber manufacturers in Asia.
(1735 ft) above sea level. Name of Famous Colonies:
1. Grasim Staff Colony 2. Grasim Chemical Staff Colony 3. Grasim ABC Line 4. BCI STAFF COLONY 5. Birlagram Labour Colony 6. Government colony 7. Chandrashekhar Marg 8. Durgapura Labour Chemical Colony 9. Durgapura 10.Government Colony 11.Baadi Pura 12.Amlavdiya Road 13.Sharda Gali & Sharda School By Naman Jaiswal 14.Gujjar Mohalla 15.Housing board 16.Indrapuri Colony 17.Indu Colony 18.Ingoriya Road 19.Jabaran Colony 20.Jawahar Marg 21.Jiwajee Nagar Colony 22.Kota Fatak
23.Mahatma Gandhi Marg 24.Mahavir Nagar 25.Mehatwas 26.kavi natwarlal snehi marg 27.MG Road 28.Mirchi Bazar
29.Nai Delhi 30.Oza Colony 31.Paliya Road 32.Patel Gali 33.Police line 34.Prakash Nagar Colony 35.Shri Ram Colony 36.Sindi Colony 37.Singapore City 38.Station Choraha 39.Bhargav Colony 40.Chetan Pura 41.Aadi Nath Colony 42.Dayanand Colony 43.Adarsh Gandhi Gram Colony 44.Rani Laxmi Bai Marg 45.Janmejay Apartments 46.Gulab Bai Colony Mahaveer Marg 47.Chambal Marg 48.Dhuria nagar
As of 2001 India census, Nagda had a population of 116,525. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 100%. Nagda has an average literacy rate of 81.16%, above than the national average of 74.04%: male literacy is 89.47%, and female literacy is 73.37%. In Nagda, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Aditya Vidhya Mandir H.S. School Paliya Road Nagda
- Aditya Birla Public School
- Fatima Convent H.S. School
- Agoshdeep International Public School
- Shree Shesh Shyai College of Professional Studies
- Aditya Birla Higher Secondary School
- Aditya Birla Senior Secondary School
- Mother Mary English School
- Yash Public Secondary School
- Vardhmaan Convent H.S. School
- Bharat Commerce H.S. School
- Vision Public School
- Maruti Vidhyalaya
- Janmejay h. s. school
- Shivaji H.S. School
- Vardhman College of Professional studies
- Government Arts, Science & Commerce College, Nagda
- Government Girls College, Nagda
- Aditya Vidya Mandir, Senior Secondary School
- Saraswati Vidhya Mandir
- Nice Institute of Professional Studies, Sindhi Colony, Nagda
- Jain higher secondary school,Nagda
- JIGYASA CONVENT SCHOOL NAGDA
- Grasim Industries Limited
- Lanxess Industries
- Grasim Chemical Division
- Arcil Catalyst Private Limited
- Bhirud Private Limited
Nagda is the headquarters of Asia's largest production of Viscose, GRASIM Industries Ltd. Grasim Industries Limited was incorporated in 1948; Grasim is the largest exporter of Viscose Fiber in the country, with exports to over 50 countries. Nagda is the highest tax paying town of Ujjain division. Nagda is a fast developing town of Malwa region and also having its geopolitical importance in the map of world. There is a big lake in the North end of the city.
Shree Laxmi Narayan Temple,Opp. To U.Co. Bank Birlagram
- Someshwer Mahadev Temple Gulab Bai Colony
- Khatu Shyam Mandir in Metwas
- Shri SheshShai Birla Temple
- Badrivishal Mandir
- Lakkad Das Mandir, Rani Lakshmi Bai Marg
- Khade Hanuman Mandir
- Shitla Mata Mandir Jawahar Marg
- Chamunda Mata Mandir chambal
- Jain Mandir M.G. Road Nagda
- Jain Mandir Jain Colony jawahar Marg
- Shri Nakoda Jain Mandir Mahidpur Road Nagda
- Shir Dadawadi Jain Mandir Mehtwas Birlagram Nagda
- Jotishsamrat Muni Rishabvijayji M.Sa. Guru Rajendra Maha Manglik Dham Rani Laxmi Bai Marg NAgda
- Jama Masjid (Mirchi Bazar) Nagda
- Gulshan-e-Islam Masjid, Near Bus Stand
- Idgah Masjid, Chambal Marg, Nagda
- Dargah Hazrat Salar, Near Nagda Chemicals.
- Birlagram Masjid, Near C block.
- Noor-e-Islam Masjid, Jabran Colony.
- Madarsa Faizan-e-aam, Transport Nagar, Nagda
- Badipura Masjid, Birlagram.
- Christ Church near Nagar Palika, Nagda
- Gayatri Mandir
- Gurudwara, near Dashera Medan
- St.Francis Church,Kota Fatak
- Hanuman Mandir near Dashera Medan
Nagda is situated on the basin of river Chambal. It is an important junction between Delhi, Mumbai and Bhopal. Roads and rail lines are good and also have Birla's Aerodrome for personal use. Ujjain-Udaipur Bypass is passing via nagda. Ujjain-jaora bypass is also passing though nagda
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nagda.|
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.