|Native name||Ναταλία Γερμανού|
|Birth name||Natalia Germanou|
22 June 1965 (age 49)|
|Genres||Modern Laika, Pop, Dance|
|Occupations||Songwriter, radio producer, television hostess, DJ|
Germanou has written lyrics for many popular Greek singers such as Anna Vissi, Christos Dantis, Elena Paparizou, Sakis Rouvas, Despina Vandi, Mihalis Hatzigiannis, Notis Sfakianakis, Natasa Theodoridou, Labis Livieratos, Katy Garbi and many more. She co-wrote with Dantis the lyrics to Elena Paparizou's My Number One, the winning entry of the Eurovision Song Contest 2005. She also wrote the Greek song for Armenian singer Sirusho which calls Erotas. She has hosted a radio show on Sfera FM during the 00's as well as having hosted or taken part in numerous reality and talk shows, currently on ANT1 TV network.
Germanou was born in Athens, with origins from Mytilene. Her father is the late Freddy Germanos, a popular journalist and author, and her mother Erietta Mavroudi. For 12 years, Germanou attended the "Mina Aidonopoulou" school, where she got good grades and was good in Math. At the age of 16, Germanou announced to her family that she would like to become an actress, to which her Father suggested journalism instead.
A few years later, Germanou finished a professional journalism school in Athens, and was soon accepted to the Orlando University of Florida where she planned to live for the next 5 years, perfecting her study in journalism. About a month and a half before her planned departure to college, Germanou got a job offer to work at the magazine "Ena" owned by Giorgos Koskotas, and managed by Pavlos Bakogiannis. Germanou, with the guidance of her father, accepted, and stayed in Athens, where for the next 4 years, got experience working for the magazines "Ena" and "Kai" and the newspaper "24 Ores".
In October 1988, at age 19, Germanou started hosting a radio show along with Prokopis Doukas titled "Club Sandwich" on "SKY 100,4". A year later in 1990, Germanou started working with Ant1 Channel and moved her radio show to their radio stations, and started a spin-off musical show of the same name on the channel. At the same time, in 1990, Germanou branched out to writing lyrics, and has since written lyrics for many big Greek singers, with more than 250 songs, and more than 30 platinum and 45 gold records.
For the next 4 years, Germanou continued hosting, and realized that she had fallen in love with it. "Club Sandwich" later became "Blue Jean", and was broadcast daily on the radio station "Athina 9.84", where she also became a radio producer. At the same time, Germanou started hosting the music show "Mega Star" on Mega Channel, which she continued to host for 10 years. A couple of years later in 1997, Germanou became the programing director and radio producer at the radio station "Sfera 102.2", where she still hosts a radio show today.
In 2002, Germanou hosted the first season of Fame Story, and was later a judge on music related reality shows such as Dream Show 1 and 2, Fame Story 3 and Sound Mix Show. In 2005, Germanou co-wrote the lyrics to the song "My Number One", which won the Eurovision Song Contest 2005". In 2007-2008, she was a judge on the music reality show "TV Stars Parousiaste" on Alpha TV alongside Ilias Psinakis, while she hosted the show "Randevou sta tifla" every Saturday night on Alpha Channel in the same year.
Currently, besides hosting her radio show on Sfera FM, Germanou hosts the morning show "Mes Tin Kali Hara" on Alpha TV every weekend and the evening show Chart Show:Your Countdown every Sunday, on the same TV channel. She is also writing her first book.
Natalia Germanou married singer Petros Imvrios in October 1998. In 2002 they divorced.
The beginning of Germanou's songwriting career is marked by the song "Pos" released in 1990 and sung by Mando. Since then she has written the lyrics to over 250 songs for various artists, with over 30 albums her songs have been included on going Platinum, and over 45 albums going Gold.
Below are select shows Germanou has been a part of:
- 1988-1990 - "Club Sandwich" (SKY FM)
- 1990-1994 - "Club Sandwich" (ANT1 FM)
- 1994-1997 - "Blue Jean" (Athina 9.84)
- 1997–Present - "Natalia Germanou" (Sfera FM)
- 1990-1992 - "Club Sandwich (Ant1 Channel)
- 1992-2002 - "Mega Star" (Mega Channel)
- 2002-2003 - "Fame Story 1 (Ant1 Channel)
- 2003-2004 - "Den To Pistevo (Mega Channel)
- 2005 - "Figame!" (Ant1 Channel)
- 2006-2007 - "Sound Mix Show" (Alpha Channel)
- 2007-2008 - "Rantevou Sta Tifla" (Alpha Channel)
- 2008–2013 - "Mes Stin Kali Hara" (Alpha Channel)
- 2009–2012 - "Chart Show: Your Countdown" (Alpha Channel)
- 2005-2006 - "Fame Story 3" (Ant1 Channel)
- 2005 - "Dream Show 1" (Alpha Channel)
- 2007 - "Dream Show 2" (Alpha Channel)
- 2007-2008 - "TV Star Parousiaste" (Alpha Channel)
Germanou has also appeared in several guest star rolls on various TV shows over the years. Germanou appeared on 2 episodes of "Hai-Rok", which her close friend Eleni Mavili was a writer on, as well as on the shows "Oi Stavloi Tis Eriettas Zaimi", To Kokkino Domatio and "Kinoumeni Ammos". Germanou also appeared on an episode of Anna Vissi's short lived variety show Me Agapi Anna on Ant1 Channel in the mid 90's, where she sang along with Vissi.
- "Η πολυτάραχη ζωή της Ναταλίας Γερμανού.". Natalia.gr. Retrieved on February 16, 2008. (Greek)
- "Η ζωή του Φρέντυ Γερμανού". Natalia.gr. Retrieved on February 16, 2008. (Greek)
- ERT Staff (2005). "C. Dantis - Natalia Germanou - Eurovision Greece 2005". ERT. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- ERT Staff (2007). "Eurovision Greece 2007 - Ελληνική συμμετοχή 2007". ERT. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- Official website
- http://clubs.pathfinder.gr/germanou_natalia Official Fansite
- Natalia Germanou Official Fan Myspace on Myspace