Rapid City Regional Airport
|Rapid City Regional Airport|
|IATA: RAP – ICAO: KRAP – FAA LID: RAP
|Owner||City of Rapid City|
|Operator||Rapid City Regional Airport Board|
|Serves||Rapid City, South Dakota|
|Elevation AMSL||3,204 ft / 977 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Facilities and aircraft
Rapid City Regional Airport covers 1,655 acres (670 ha) at an elevation of 3,204 feet (977 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 14/32 is 8,701 by 150 feet (2,652 x 46 m)concrete and 5/23 is 3,601 by 75 feet (1,098 x 23 m) asphalt.
In 2007 the airport had 47,844 aircraft operations, average 131 per day: 60% general aviation, 26% air taxi, 8% military and 5% scheduled commercial. 125 aircraft were then based at this airport: 64% single-engine, 22% multi-engine, 3% jet, 3% helicopter and 8% military.
The terminal building opened in 1988; a $20.5 million expansion and renovation designed by TSP Architecture was completed in 2012. It includes 12,000 square feet of new floor space, the addition of three jet bridges and one boarding gate, an expanded security area with room for up to three lanes and body scanners, new rental car wing, twice as much seating in concourse, larger restrooms before and after security, modernized phone and data systems, including flight information boards, improved food service area and shopping in concourse, a rooftop patio, and energy-efficient windows and building exterior repair.
Airlines and destinations
|Allegiant Air||Las Vegas, Phoenix/Mesa|
|American Eagle||Dallas/Fort Worth
|Delta Air Lines||Minneapolis/St. Paul|
|Delta Connection||Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City
Seasonal: Chicago-O'Hare, Houston-Intercontinental
|1||Minneapolis/St Paul, MN||77,000||Delta|
|3||Dallas-Fort Worth, TX||27,000||American|
|4||Chicago-O’Hare, IL||20,000||American, United|
|6||Salt Lake City, UT||18,000||Delta|
|7||Las Vegas, NV||15,000||Allegiant|
- FAA Airport Master Record for RAP ( PDF), effective 2009-08-27.
- Aust, Scott. "$20.5M airport project looks to land on time". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Rusch, Emilie (April 18, 2012). "$20.5M Airport Project Looks to Land On Time". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- Rapid City Regional Airport at Rapid City website
- PDF (159 KiB) page from the South Dakota DOT Airport Directory
- (PDF), effective July 24, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for RAP, effective July 24, 2014
- Resources for this airport: