August 12, 1971 |
Hazard, Kentucky, United States
|Spouse(s)||Eric Dane (m. 2004)|
Gayheart was born in Hazard, Kentucky and raised in Pine Top, Kentucky, the daughter of Floneva (née Slone), who worked as a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant, and Curtis Gayheart, a miner and coal truck driver. She is of Irish, Italian, and German descent. She moved to New York City at the age of 15 where she completed her education at New York's Professional Children's School and the Lee Strasberg Institute.
In her first film role, Gayheart appeared in Brett Ratner's New York University short film "Whatever Happened to Mason Reese?" (1990) starring Mason Reese. She also appeared in the Ratner-directed music video Nuttin' But Love performed by Heavy D and the Boyz.
Gayheart's break into the television industry was a series of television commercials for Noxzema in the early 1990s, earning her the moniker "The Noxzema Girl". The commercials began airing in 1991 and brought her recognition. (This was also referred to at the end of the film Urban Legend, when one of the new college students remarks, "And Brenda [Gayheart's character] was the Noxzema Girl.")
In 1992, Gayheart was cast in her first major role in the soap opera Loving as Hannah Mayberry. In 1993 and 1994, she had a recurring role in the Vanishing Son action pack series. In 1994 and 1995, Gayheart played Bess Martin in the science fiction series Earth 2. In 1995, she played Antonia Marchette, a recurring character in the series Beverly Hills, 90210, and Luke Perry's character's love interest.
Gayheart has been a regular on the 1999 television series Wasteland, Dead Like Me, Vanished, and had a recurring role on Nip/Tuck. She was initially hired to play the part of Inara Serra in the 2002 series Firefly, but was dropped after only one day of filming. Morena Baccarin took over the role, and none of Gayheart's scenes were used.
In 2007, Gayheart guest-starred on Ugly Betty as Jordan, an ex-girlfriend of Alexis Meade. The following year, Gayheart starred in the Broadway comedy, Boeing-Boeing opposite Christine Baranski, Mark Rylance, Greg Germann, Paige Davis, and Missi Pyle. She had a guest role on The Cleaner in 2009.
For a time, Gayheart was engaged to director Brett Ratner. She married actor Eric Dane on October 29, 2004. Dane told Flaunt Magazine about how they met: "It's probably one of the least interesting stories in the world. It went basically like this: 'You wanna go out?' 'Yeah, sure.' Ten months later, we were married."
On June 13, 2001, Gayheart was driving a vehicle which struck nine-year-old Jorge Cruz, Jr. as he walked across a street in Los Angeles. He died the following day from his injuries. On November 27, 2001, Gayheart pleaded no contest to vehicular manslaughter. She was sentenced to three years of probation, a one-year suspension of her license, a $2,800 fine and 750 hours of community service.
|1990||"Whatever Happened to Mason Reese"||Model #1|
|1996||Somebody Is Waiting||Lilli|
|1997||Nothing to Lose||Danielle|
|Scream 2||Sorority Sister Lois|
|Urban Legend||Brenda Bates|
|2000||From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter||Mary Newlie|
|Shadow Hours||Chloe Holloway (Official Selection Sundance 2000 Competition)|
|Urban Legends: Final Cut||Nurse Brenda Bates||Cameo/Uncredited|
|Harvard Man||Kelly Morgan|
|2002||Pipe Dream||Marliss Funt|
|2005||Santa's Slay||Gwen Mason|
|2007||Bunny Whipped||Beatriz Magdalene Johnson|
|1992–1993||Loving||Hannah Mayberry||Unknown episodes|
|1994||Vanishing Son||Clair Armstrong||Television movie|
|Vanishing Son III||Clair Armstrong||Television movie|
|Vanishing Son IV||Clair Armstrong||Television movie|
|1994–1995||Earth 2||Bess Martin||21 episodes|
|1995||Beverly Hills, 90210||Antonia "Toni" Marchette||8 episodes|
|1997||Invasion||Cassy Winslow||Television movie|
|1998||Hercules||Medea (Voice)||1 episode|
|1999||Wasteland||Samantha "Sam" Price||13 episodes|
|2001||Inside Schwartz||Nadia||1 episode|
|2003||Dead Like Me||Betty Rhomer||5 episodes|
|What I Like About You||Dana||1 episode|
|2004||The Division||Suzanne Richland||3 episodes|
|2004–2006||Nip/Tuck||Natasha Charles||3 episodes|
|2005||The Christmas Blessing||Meghan||Television movie|
|Medium||Jessica Delaney||1 episode|
|Vanished||Judy Nash||13 episodes|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Claire Gibbs||1 episode|
|Ugly Betty||Jordan Dunn||1 episode|
|2009||The Cleaner||Carey Kern||1 episode|
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1911–1999. State of Kentucky. At Ancestry.com.
- Rebecca Gayheart Biography at FilmReference.com
- Rebecca Gayheart Biography at Yahoo! Movies
- Forever in Black Hills
- Salzberg, Charles. "Accent on Success", Flair, Fall 1999. Republished at rebecca-gayheart.de
- Rebecca Gayheart at Askmen.com
- Whedon, Joss. Firefly: the complete series: "Serenity" commentary
- "Headlines: Paige Davis and Rebecca Gayheart Fly Into Boeing-Boeing". broadway.com. 28 September 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- Tewksbury, Drew. Getting Big with Eric Dane, Flaunt Magazine
- Donaldson, Catherine (5 March 2010). "It's a Girl for Eric Dane & Rebecca Gayheart". People.com. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- Hammel, Sara (30 December 2011). "It's a Girl for Rebecca Gayheart and Eric Dane!". People.com. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- Dane's Anatomy[dead link] at gawker.com
- "Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart's McSteamy Video Tape With Ex-Beauty Queen". ABCNews.go.com. 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- Kevork/Djansezian. "Eric Dane, Rebecca Gayheart sex tape: Just videotaped nakedtime!". NJ.com. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- "[T]hat summer [of 1996], I booked my first role, in an independent movie called Puppet. [...] This film, which to this day I have never seen because I don't think it's possible to purchase a copy of it anywhere at any price, starred Rebecca Gayheart and Fred Weller [...] I don't know anyone who has ever seen or even heard of Puppet. All I can say is that it was screened in a theater at least once, because my manager went to see it." Lange, Artie, with Anthony Bozza and Howard Stern (2009). Too Fat to Fish, Random House Digital, Inc, ISBN 9780385526579, p. 172