Silicon Valley University
|Silicon Valley University|
|Chairman||Dr. Jerry Shiao|
|Location||San Jose, California, US|
Silicon Valley University (SVU) is a private, non-profit, higher educational institution located in San Jose, California, US. The university has been accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), at master's degree level, since 2003, and the newer Doctor of Computer Engineering (DCE) program has also been accredited by ACICS since 2010.
Silicon Valley University was first approved by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE) in 1999, and has been accredited by the ACICS since 2003. The initial programs of SVU were Master in Computer Science (MSCS), Master in Computer Engineering (MSCE), Bachelor in Computer Science (BSCS) and Bachelor in Computer Engineering (BSCE). SVU added Master in Business Administration (MBA) and Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) programs in 2005.
SVU was founded in 1997 by Jerry Shiao, an alumnus of the Taiwanese National Chiao Tung University. Initial program offerings focused on computer science and engineering. Funding to establish the school came primarily from Chinese entrepreneurs in the Silicon Valley area  The current Dean of the university is Dr. Peng.
- California Secretary of State: Business Search/Business Entity Detail—"Silicon Valley University"—Entity Number: C2057510; Date Filed: 10/07/1997; Status: Active Accessed April 26, 2011
- "ACICS Website Directory", Revised: 7/20/2009.
- "ACICS website accreditation search for schools"
- BPPVE School Detail—Silicon Valley University Accessed April 26, 2011
- Saxenian, AnnaLee (October 31, 2007). The New Argonauts: Regional Advantage in a Global Economy. Harvard University Press. pp. 68–69. ISBN 0-674-02566-0.
|This article on a California institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|