Singac, New Jersey
|Singac, New Jersey|
Map of Little Falls in Passaic County; Singac is located in the western end of Little Falls. Inset: Location of Passaic County highlighted in the State of New Jersey.
Census Bureau map of Little Falls, New Jersey, in which Singac is located at its western end
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|• Total||0.498 sq mi (1.289 km2)|
|• Land||0.466 sq mi (1.207 km2)|
|• Water||0.032 sq mi (0.082 km2) 6.34%|
|Elevation||167 ft (51 m)|
|• Density||7,763.6/sq mi (2,997.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||02584027|
Singac is a census-designated place (CDP) and unincorporated area located within Little Falls Township, in Passaic County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 3,618.
Singac is located at United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 0.498 square miles (1.289 km2), of which, 0.466 square miles (1.207 km2) of it is land and 0.032 square miles (0.082 km2) of it (6.34%) is water.(40.884254,-74.243539). According to the
Singac is a neighborhood that occupies the western end of Little Falls Township. It is bounded to the north by the Passaic River. New Jersey Route 23, known as the Newark-Pompton Turnpike or Pompton Avenue, runs north-south through the community.
At the 2010 United States Census, there were 3,618 people, 1,477 households, and 920.2 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 7,763.6 per square mile (2,997.5 /km2). There were 1,545 housing units at an average density of 3,315.3 per square mile (1,280.0 /km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 88.00% (3,184) White, 1.35% (49) Black or African American, 0.14% (5) Native American, 5.80% (210) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 2.65% (96) from other races, and 2.05% (74) from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 12.82% (464) of the population.
There were 1,477 households, of which 25.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.6% were married couples living together, 11.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 37.7% were non-families. 31.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.45 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the CDP, 19.5% of the population were under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 30.6% from 25 to 44, 27.7% from 45 to 64, and 14.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40.1 years. For every 100 females there were 94.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.5 males.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 13, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Singac Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Singac CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Singac, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Passaic County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 12, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 12, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed January 12, 2013.