Sleipnir (web browser)
|Developer(s)||Fenrir Inc, Osaka, Japan|
|Operating system||Windows Vista, 7, 8 and OS X 10.6/10.7, iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
Sleipnir is a tabbed web browser developed by Fenrir Inc. The browser's main features are customization and tab functions. It supports HTML5 and the engine of Internet Explorer 9 (Trident). As of version 126.96.36.19900, support for the WebKit rendering engine was implemented and Gecko rendering engine support was terminated.
Sleipnir was originally developed by Yasuyuki Kashiwagi. In November 2004, the computer containing Sleipnir's source code was stolen. In 2005, Kashiwagi established Fenrir & Co. to start development of a new version of Sleipnir. Starting with version 2, the new versions are not compatible with the original.
Sleipnir was one of twelve browsers originally offered in a browser ballot screen on the EU edition of Windows 7 (and XP and Vista with an update), so users of might choose between Internet Explorer and other browsers during the installation process. It wasn't present as of May 2011.
The stable version, 5.0, was released on December 24, 2013. . with the latest Blink engine. The latest stable version is 5.1.
In the Windows version, the browser's layout engine can be changed to either Internet Explorer's Trident or Mozilla's Gecko. Other features include tab grouping, mouse gestures, page zooming, a search bar, Greasemonkey-like user script support, and plugin support. WebKit rendering has been implemented, and as of May 17, 2012, is in alpha version stages.
Bookmarks on Sleipnir can be synced with different platform, using a function called Fenrir Pass.
Sleipnir 3 for Windows: Includes tab options, tab groups, Touchpaging to flick between tabs using your mouse, and mouse gestures.
Sleipnir 2 for Windows: Sleipnir 2 features customizable functions and add-ons created by users. Sleipnir 2 is one of the few browsers to still support Windows 98.
Sleipnir 3 for Mac: Switch tabs by swiping tabs left or right-click
- Operate tabs using gestures
- TiledTab: Pinch-in on the TrackPad to view a list of tabs
- Hold And Go: Hold down on a link to open in the background
- Ad Block
- Tab groups for managing tabs
- Sync bookmarks with other devices using Fenrir Pass
- The standard full-screen with OS X Lion
- Sleipnir 3 Web Browser for Windows / Mac - Web browsing that links easily with smartphones
- Corporate Symbol of Fenrir.
- Translators wanted Sleipnir web browser Windows, Mac, Mobile (Fenrir Developer's Blog)
- About language support for each product
- (Japanese) フェンリル、タブブラウザ「Sleipnir」「Grani」のデフォルト検索エンジンをグーグルに:マーケティング - CNET Japan
- BBC, Microsoft offers browser choices to Europeans, 1 March 2010
- EU drops Microsoft browser charges with agreement on 'ballot screen' | Technology | guardian.co.uk
- Template:Http://blog.sleipnirbrowser.com/2013/12/sleipnir-5-0-2-for-windows.html Released Sleipnir 5 for Windows with the latest Blink engine
- WebKit browsers for Windows - Sleipnir 3 joins the list with α3 (Fenrir Developer's Blog)
- Mac App Store - Sleipnir Browser
- Official website Japanese
- Sleipnir English
- Choose your country or region Sleipnir in 16 regions
- Japanese homepage (1.x)
- Sleipnir English Version - from Download.com