|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Episode no.||Season 4
|Directed by||Tom Cherones|
|Written by||Peter Mehlman|
|Original air date||February 25, 1993|
|Season 4 episodes|
|List of Seinfeld episodes|
Jerry dumps his girlfriend Sidra (played by Teri Hatcher) after Elaine says her figure is the result of breast implants. Kramer claims to have seen Salman Rushdie (played by Tony Amendola) at the health club, but is living under the pseudonym "Sal Bass". By accident, Elaine later discovers the breasts are real when she trips and grabs them for balance.
George accompanies his current girlfriend (Megan Mullally) to Detroit for her aunt's wake. While there, he tries to get a copy of her death certificate so he can get a 50% discount on the airfare. He argues at the funeral reception with his girlfriend's brother Timmy (Kieran Mulroney) when accused of double-dipping a chip.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: [[q:Seinfeld#The_Implant_[4.19]|Seinfeld#The_Implant_[4.19]]]|
- (in a sauna)
- Kramer: It's like a sauna in here!
- (exit line)
- Sidra: And by the way, they're real- and they're spectacular.
- (George takes a large tortilla chip, dips it into a bowl of dip, takes a bite, dips it into the bowl again, and then eats the remainder of the chip)
- Timmy: What are you doing?
- George: What?
- Timmy: Did, did you just double dip that chip?
- George: Excuse me?
- Timmy: You double dipped the chip!
- George: Double dipped? What, what are you talking about?
- Timmy: You dipped the chip. You took a bite, *points at the dip* and you dipped again.
- George: So?
- Timmy: That's like putting your whole mouth right in the dip. From now on, when you take a chip, just take one dip and end it.
- George: Well, I'm sorry, Timmy, but I don't dip that way.
- Timmy: Oh, you don't, huh?
- George: No. You dip the way you wanna dip. I'll dip the way I wanna dip.
- (George grabs another chip, dips it, takes a bite and begins to reach for the dip as Timmy grabs his hand)
- Timmy: Gimme the chip!
- (The argument becomes an all-out brawl between George and Timmy)
During the opening scene in the health club, Jerry alludes to George's being right-handed, using his own left-handedness as a basis of comparison. This characterization comes in spite of the fact that George can be seen in previous episodes, such as The Outing, using his left hand to write.
Sidra's parting shot to Jerry at the end of this episode was scripted as simply "Oh, by the way, they're real." Teri Hatcher ad-libbed the kicker "...and they're spectacular." This line is repeated by Jackie Chiles in "The Finale".
- Elaine: Hey, does he ever talk about Superman?
- Sidra: Yes! How did you know?
- Elaine: Oh, I know the type.
The television show MythBusters tested the theory that double dipping was like "putting your whole mouth right in the dip" on the April 22, 2009 episode. The MythBusters found that double dipping produced less microbes than putting all the dip in your mouth. Also, the amount of microbes present was negligible compared to the amount found in regular dip.