|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Single by Mud|
|Released||11 January 1974|
|Writer(s)||Mike Chapman, Nicky Chinn|
|Producer(s)||Mike Chapman, Nicky Chinn|
|Mud singles chronology|
"Tiger Feet" is a popular song by the English glam rock band Mud, released in January 1974. Written and produced by the songwriting team of Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman. It was the band's first number No. 1 single in the UK Singles Chart.
"Tiger Feet" was a huge success, it was number No. 1 in the UK and Ireland charts for four weeks in 1974 and also topped the charts in the Netherlands. It sold over 700,000 copies in the UK alone and over a million sales globally. It was also the best selling single in Britain that year.
In popular culture
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2014)|
- The song is featured on the Mr Bean episode "Mind the baby, Mr. Bean".
- In 2009, the song appeared in television adverts for Flora Margarine.
- It featured as part of the 2012 Summer Olympics opening ceremony in London.
- List of Dutch Top 40 number-one singles of 1974
- List of number-one singles of 1974 (Ireland)
- List of number-one singles from the 1970s (UK)
- "Mud - Tiger Feet (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- "MUD Discography - the singles". Mudrock.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 296–7. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Mud Rock". Mud Rock. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
"You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me" by The New Seekers
|UK number one single
26 January 1974
(for four weeks)
"Devil Gate Drive" by Suzi Quatro
|This 1970s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|