||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Born||Victor Emmanuel Basa
June 6, 1985
Quezon City, Philippines
Victor Basa (born June 6, 1985) is a Filipino model, actor, radio V.J., and a television host.
Victor is the middle child of three, with a younger brother and older sister.
Basa began his modeling career at the age of 19, where he was discovered at the Mega Young Designer's Competition in 2004 by newspaper editor Joyce Fernandez along with fashion designer Kenneth Chua. He joined the Philippine search for the best model of the world where he was awarded best in swimwear, and then landed on a television ad for a cracker, and endorsing a clothing brand, became a television actor then the Cosmopolitan Bachelor's Bash.
In 2005, Basa gained commercial visibility in the Philippines when he became a model for clothing retailer Penshoppe. In 2006, Basa was invited to sign on with Star Magic, the talent management agency affiliated with the ABS-CBN network in the Philippines.
Soon after signing with Star Magic, Basa quickly began to appear in a number of shows on the ABS-CBN network: He became a regular host of the weekly Sunday variety show ASAP; appeared in his first recurring primetime supporting role in the soap opera Crazy for You as a love interest of the leading lady portrayed by Toni Gonzaga; and landed supporting roles in two single-episode stories in Star Magic Presents.
In 2006, Basa was cast as a regular cast member of Abt Ur Luv (a youth-oriented drama series that will span the entire second season of Star Magic Presents), where he was cast as fellow Star Magic talent Carla Humphries's love interest. Basa is a member of ABS-CBN's circle of homegrown talents named Star Magic.
In 2007, the new MTV Philippines signed on Basa as one of the channel's new VJs. He currently hosts MTV Timeout.
He was one of the Celebrity Housemates in Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2.
Basa is now currently a contract artist of the GMA Network. Basa is progressing very well in his television acting career aspect and is currently playing a role in the hit drama series My Husband's Lover."
- Ang Dalawang Mrs. Real (2014) Gico
- Apetite Wars (2013)
- My Husband's Lover (2013) David
- Cielo de Angelina (2012) Dr. Frank
- Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak (2011) Marco Montemayor
- MooMoo and Me (2010) Instructor
- Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo (2010) Hero
- Precious Hearts Romances Presents: You're Mine, Only Mine (2010) Antonio
- Showtime (2009) Hurado
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (2009) Contestant
- May Bukas Pa (2009) Father John Delgado
- Shall We Dance: Search for the Dance Superstar (2008) ...Himself (CoHost) TV5
- Your Song: Without You ... John (2008)
- Your Song: Kapag Ako Ay Nagmahal ... Serge (2008)
- I Am KC: Love 2 Dance ... Cameo Role (2008)
- Stars On Ice ... Himself (grand champion) (2007) QTV11
- Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2 (2007) ...Himself
- MTV Timeout (2007)
- Walang Kapalit (2007) .... Miguel
- Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv (2006–2007) .... Lester "Stick" Mangubat
- Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv:Ur Lyf 2 (2007–2008) .... Lester "Stick" Mangubat
- Star Magic Presents: The Game of Love (2006) .... Boggs
- Star Magic Presents: Deal or No Deal (2006) .... Lenard
- Crazy for You (2006) .... Errol
- ASAP '08 (2006) .... Himself (Host, performer)
- D' Kilabots Pogi Brothers Weh?! (2012)
- Pak! Pak! My Dr. Kwak! (2011)
- Romeo & Juliet (2010)
- Xenoa 2 : Clash of the Bloods (2008)
- Maling Akala (2008)
Music videos appearances
- Penge Naman Ako Nyan by Itchiworms (2008)
- Kasi Naman by Nikki Gil from the Hotsilog Album (2006)
- Generation Pink Magazine (August 2006 Cover)
- Cosmopolitan Magazine 2006 Centerfold Bachelors
Commercial endorsements and advertisements
- Penshoppe advertisements (2005–Present)
- Sunsilk Touchflicks TVC (2006)
- Greenwich commercial
- Tropicana commercial
- Magicflakes commercial
- Best Model Form—MTV Fashionista 2004
- Batti Man of the Year—Chi Chi Man Awards 2007
- Mark Van's Hunk—Mark Van Awards 2007
- Victor Basa: Will he be the next big matinee idol? Showbiz Pinoy Weekly (September 24-September 30, 2006 issue)