|City of license||Dunedin, Florida|
|Broadcast area||Tampa Bay Area|
|Slogan||Intelligent Talk Radio|
|First air date||1985|
|Format||Conservative News Talk Information|
|Power||5,000 watts day
1,500 watts night
|Callsign meaning||reference to the GULf of Mexico|
|Former callsigns||WAZE (to 1982)
Talk Radio Network
(Caron Broadcasting, Inc.)
WGUL (860 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Conservative News Talk Information format. Licensed to Dunedin, Florida, USA, it serves the Tampa Bay area. The station is currently owned by Salem Communications and features only syndicated conservative weekday programing from Salem's talk radio network, as well as the Talk Radio Network.
WGUL also ran a live, locally-based "Music of Your Life" format from 1985 to August 12, 2005. That year, Salem Communications acquired WGUL from its previous owners, WGUL-FM, Inc., in which they changed its format to its current conservative talk format. WGUL-FM, Inc. continues in business today under that name, as owners and operators of stations in Florida's Nature Coast region (including WJQB and WXOF), though Salem currently holds the WGUL call sign and intellectual property.
The content of WGUL's talk programming is conservative with show hosts such as Phil Grande of The Phil's Gang Radio Show, Hugh Hewitt and Mike Gallagher. The weekend show line up includes Kim Komando.
The station previously broadcast two shows hosted by Gary Gauthier, It's God's Money and All About Florida Real Estate until Gauthier was arrested in January, 2014 for running a Ponzi scheme from 2005 until 2010.
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "WGUL Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Kuruvilla, Carol (January 31, 2014). "Former Christian radio host arrested for $6 million Ponzi scheme". New York Daily News (New York, New York: Mortimer Zuckerman). Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Thompson, Stephen (January 30, 2014). "Former Christian radio host arrested for $6 million Ponzi scheme". The Tampa Tribune (Tampa, Florida: Tampa Media Group, Inc./Media General). Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WGUL
- Radio-Locator Information on WGUL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WGUL
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|