|Škoda Kodiaq (NS7)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Mid-size crossover SUV (D)|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Platform||Volkswagen Group MQB A2|
1.4 L TSI 125 I4
1.4 L TSI 150 I4
2.0 L TSI 180 I4
2.0 L TSI 220 I4 (Kodiaq GT, China)
2.0 L TDI 150 I4
2.0 L TDI 190 I4
2.0 L TDI 200 I4 (2020-)
2.0 L TDI 240 I4 (Kodiaq vRS)
|Wheelbase||2,791 mm (109.9 in)|
|Length||4,697 mm (184.9 in)|
|Width||1,882 mm (74.1 in)|
|Height||1,676 mm (66.0 in)|
|Curb weight||1,452–1,686 kg (3,201–3,717 lb)|
The Škoda Kodiaq is a seven seat mid-size crossover SUV manufactured by the Czech automaker Škoda Auto. The vehicle is positioned as the largest Škoda SUV, above the Škoda Kamiq and Škoda Karoq. The vehicle is based on the Volkswagen Group MQB platform, shared with a new generation of Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace and the SEAT Tarraco.
The car was previously previewed as concept car named Škoda Vision S in Geneva Motor Show 2016.
Prior to its release, it was assumed that the new SUV would be called "Snowman" or "Polar", but this was dismissed by the former head of Škoda, Winfried Vahland as a media speculation. On 23 December 2015, Škoda registered the name "Kodiaq". The name refers to the largest brown bear, the Kodiak bear, living on the island of the same name off the south coast of Alaska. As part of its marketing campaign, the Kodiak town in Kodiak Island, Alaska was renamed Kodiaq for one day.
In February 2016, images of the Vision S concept were released, and the concept model appeared in March 2016 at the Geneva Motor Show. The final SUV was introduced at the Paris Motor Show on 29 September 2016. The first cars were officially delivered to customers in February 2017.
The Kodiaq is the first vehicle in the Škoda lineup to have Area View, Tow Assist, Manoeuvre Assist and Predictive Pedestrian Protection. It is also the first vehicle in the Volkswagen Group MQB platform lineup to feature capacitive shortcut buttons instead of physical buttons for the 8" infotainment systems.
On April 13th 2021, Škoda launched a lightly facelifted version of the Kodiaq. Subtle cosmetic changes were introduced, including a redesigned hood and a more upright front grille, with slimmer front headlights that employ matrix LED technology as optional equipment. The changes made serve a functional purpose in making the Kodiaq more aerodynamic than before, by tweaking the bumpers and installing a new roof-mounted spoiler. The facelifted Kodiaq can be had with a choice of 17- to 20-inch wheels and some variants have been updated for the sake of reducing drag, while the high-performance Kodiaq RS rides on a new set of 20-inch polished wheels finished in metallic black and equipped with aero plastic shields. The biTDI version was discontinued on the RS and replaced by the 2.0 TSI 320 PS (235 kW) engine that was also found in Tiguan R.
Scout, Sportline, RS and GT
The new Kodiaq Scout and Kodiaq Sportline were introduced at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2017. Kodiaq Scout ground clearance has gone up from 187 mm to 194 mm, with several design changes. These changes include front and rear underbody protection with bumper trim, silver mirror caps, and badging on the front wing and the glove compartment. The Scout comes in all-wheel drive with one turbo petrol TSI engines and two turbo diesel TDI engines. Kodiaq Sportline brings new styling tweaks, some parts are made in black, sports seats, steering wheel in leather, big alloy wheels and pedals made from aluminium.
The Kodiaq RS (vRS in the United Kingdom) was introduced at the Paris Motor Show in October 2018. It is at the top of the range, the fastest Kodiaq and the most expensive Škoda available. It includes the Škoda's most powerful diesel engine, the 2.0-litre bi-turbo diesel engine, which produces a maximum output of 240 PS (237 hp; 177 kW) and a maximum torque of 500 N⋅m (369 lbf⋅ft). The Kodiaq RS has got a more aggressive design, from leather and carbon leather are made the sports upholstered seats, steering wheel, the door threshold and the entrance rails of the doors. It comes with Virtual Cockpit, a gloss black grille, 20" alloy wheels Xtreme, 17-inch red painted brake calipers, different front and rear bumper designs, heated front sports seats and full LED headlights. It holds the track record at the Nürburgring for any seven seat SUV. Since 2019, the British Police use Škoda Kodiaq vRS as police cars.
The Kodiaq GT is the coupé version of the Kodiaq for the Chinese market. It was introduced at the Guangzhou Motor Show on 16 November 2018. It is sold only in China, and is available with two 2.0-litre petrol engines (137 kW and 162 kW).
|1.4 TSI 125||1,395 cc I4||125 PS (92 kW; 123 hp)||200 N⋅m (148 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual|
|1.4 TSI 150||1,395 cc I4||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)||250 N⋅m (184 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual or 6-speed DSG|
|1.5 EcoTSI 150 4Motion||1,498 cc I4||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)||250 N⋅m (184 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG|
|2.0 EcoTSI 180 4Motion||1,984 cc I4||180 PS (132 kW; 178 hp)||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG|
|2.0 EcoTSI 190 4Motion||1,984 cc I4||190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp)||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG|
|2.0 EcoTSI 220 4Motion||1,984 cc I4||220 PS (162 kW; 217 hp)||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG||Kodiaq GT (China)|
|2.0 TDI 150 SCR 4Drive||1,968 cc I4||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG|
|2.0 TDI 190 SCR 4Motion||1,968 cc I4||190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp)||400 N⋅m (295 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG|
|2.0 TDI 200 SCR 4Motion||1,968 cc I4||200 PS (147 kW; 197 hp)||400 N⋅m (295 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG||From September 2020|
|2.0 TDI 240 SCR 4Motion||1,968 cc I4||240 PS (177 kW; 237 hp)||500 N⋅m (369 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG||Kodiaq vRS|
In November 2016, the Škoda Kodiaq was named the "Best Family Car in the World" by Top Gear Magazine. Kodiaq won the title of the "Car of the Year" 2017 in the Czech Republic, Poland and Bulgaria, the SUV of the Year in China and France, and the all wheel drive car in Germany.
The Kodiaq also won in German magazine competition Auto Test for 2017, and is the winner of competitions in British magazines Auto Express and What Car? for 2017. The Kodiaq also received the Red Dot Design Award for 2017.
- "Skoda Kodiaq 2017 Review – Car Reviews, News & Advice - Red Book". RedBook.
- "WATCH: Škoda Kodiaq large SUV unveiled". Express.co.uk.
- "Skoda Kodiak SUV On Track For 2016 Reveal". 21 December 2015. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Je to oficiální: velké SUV od Škody se bude jmenovat Kodiaq". iDNES.cz. 6 May 2016.
- "Alaskans Are So Happy About The Škoda Kodiaq That They Renamed Their City For It". Jalopnik.
- Jens Meiners (17 February 2016). "Skoda VisionS Concept Provides Glimpse of VW's Three-Row SUV". Car and Driver.
- "New Skoda Kodiaq: everything we know about Skoda's new SUV".
- http://www.wlist.cz, wList.cz. "Škoda Vision S: to je jméno studie SUV Kodiaq, jedna taková už vznikla".
- "Kodiaq moment: snapshots of Skoda's 7-seat SUV". CAR magazine. 29 July 2016.
- "Kodiaq moment: snapshots of Skoda's 7-seat SUV". MOTORSHOW NEWS. 1 October 2016.
- a.s., ŠKODA AUTO. "Kodiaq". media.skoda-auto.com. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Euro NCAP. "Škoda Kodiaq".
- "ŠKODA Car Configurator, KODIAQ SCOUT". ŠKODA AUTO.com.
- "Sporty new Skoda Kodiaq Sportline SUV breaks cover". Auto Express.
- "Kodiaq RS se představuje v Paříži. Je to nejdražší škodovka v historii". iDNES.cz. 2 October 2018.
- "Skoda Kodiaq RS Reporting For Police Duty With Siren, Light Bar". Motor1.com.
- "This is a Skoda Kodiaq vRS police car". Top Gear. 27 June 2019.
- "Skoda reveals Kodiaq GT... for China only". Top Gear. 18 October 2018.
- "New Skoda Kodiaq GT revealed as China-only SUV-coupe". Autocar.co.uk.
- "Kodiaq brožura" (PDF). Škoda.
- "Škoda Kodiaq dostala nové motory. A také výrazně vyšší cenovky..." AutoRevue.cz (in Czech).
- "Kodiaq hits the trophy trail as TopGear Magazine announces its best cars in the world". Automotive World. 25 November 2016.
- "Škoda oslnila Němce: v testu aut vyhrál Kodiaq, druhý byl Superb Combi". Echo24. 19 July 2017.
- "V zahraničí se opět píše o Škodě. Větší chválu na českou značku nenajdete". AutoRoad.cz.
- "Red Dot Award for KODIAQ and OCTAVIA COMBI". ŠKODA. 4 June 2017.
- "Skoda Kodiaq European sales figures". carsalesbase.com. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Skoda Kodiaq China auto sales figures". carsalesbase.com. 17 May 2017. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Report Card - 2019 Car Sales India". Auto Punditz. 9 January 2020. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Škoda Kodiaq.|
|Fabia I||Fabia II||Fabia III||Fabia IV|
|Small family car||Rapid||Scala|
|Octavia I||Octavia II||Octavia III||Octavia IV|
|Large family car||Superb I||Superb II||Superb III|