|Body and chassis|
|Class||Mid-size crossover SUV (J)|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Platform||Volkswagen Group MQB|
1.4 L TSI 125 PS (92 kW) I4
1.4 L TSI 150 PS (110 kW) I4
2.0 L TSI 180 PS (132 kW) I4
2.0 L TDI 150 PS (110 kW) I4
2.0 L TDI 190 PS (140 kW) I4
6-speed DSG dual-clutch
7-speed DSG dual-clutch
|Wheelbase||2,791 mm (109.9 in)|
|Length||4,697 mm (184.9 in)|
|Width||1,882 mm (74.1 in)|
|Height||1,676 mm (66.0 in)|
The Škoda Kodiaq is a mid-size crossover SUV (J-segment) manufactured by the Czech automaker Škoda Auto. The car is larger than Škoda Kamiq and Škoda Karoq. The vehicle is based on VW Group's modular MQB platform, shared with a new generation of Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace and the SEAT Tarraco, however the Kodiaq is longer than Tiguan, and comes in a seven seat version. The Škoda Kodiaq RS is the brand's flagship model.
Earlier, it was assumed that the new SUV would be called "Snowman" or "Polar", but this was rejected by the former head of Škoda (Vahland) as a media speculation. On 23 December 2015, Škoda registered the name "Kodiaq". The name refers to the largest brown bear, the Kodiak bear, living on the island of the same name off the south coast of Alaska.
In February 2016, images of the Vision S concept were released, and the concept model appeared in March 2016 at the Geneva Motor Show. The final SUV was introduced at the Paris Motor Show on 29 September 2016. The first cars were officially delivered to customers in February 2017.
The Kodiaq is the first vehicle in the Škoda lineup to have Area View, Tow Assist, Manoeuvre Assist and Predictive Pedestrian Protection. It is also the first vehicle in the VAG MQB platform lineup to feature capacitive shortcut buttons instead of physical buttons for the 8" infotainment systems.
The trim levels available are: Active (entrance equipment, bluetooth, LED rear lights, seven airbags), Ambition (good balance of price and equipment), Style (advanced technology in attractive package), Laurin & Klement (exclusive design), Sportline (dynamic driving), Scout (adventurous driving) and RS (most powerful).
|Euro NCAP test results|
|Škoda Kodiaq (2017)|
In November 2016, the Škoda Kodiaq was named the "Best Family Car in the World" by Top Gear Magazine. Kodiaq won the title of the "Car of the Year" 2017 in the Czech Republic, Poland and Bulgaria, the SUV of the Year in China and France, and the all wheel drive car in Germany.
The Kodiaq also won in German magazine competition Auto Test for 2017, and is the winner of competitions in British magazines Auto Express and What Car? for 2017. The Kodiaq also received the Red Dot Design Award for 2017.
Scout, Sportline, RS and GT
The new Kodiaq Scout and Kodiaq Sportline were introduced at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2017. Kodiaq Scout ground clearance has gone up from 187mm to 194mm, and there have some design changes. These changes include front and rear underbody protection with bumper trim, silver mirror caps, and badging on the front wing and the glove compartment. The Scout comes in 4x4 with one turbo petrol TSi engines and two turbo diesel TDi engines. Kodiaq Sportline brings new styling tweaks, some parts are made in black, sports seats, steering wheel in leather, big alloy wheels and pedals made from aluminium.
The Kodiaq RS (vRS in the United Kingdom) was introduced at the Paris Motor Show in October 2018. It is at the top of the range, the fastest Kodiaq and the most expensive Škoda available. Price with all extras could rise up to 1.5 million CZK (about 51 thousand GBP). It includes the Škoda's most powerful diesel engine, the 4x4 2.0 litre biturbo diesel engine, which produces a maximum output of 237 bhp (177 kW) and a maximum torque of 500 N⋅m (369 lbf⋅ft). The Kodiaq RS has got a more aggressive design, from leather and carbon leather are made the sports upholstered seats, steering wheel, the door threshold and the entrance rails of the doors. It comes with Virtual Cockpit, a gloss black grille, 20" alloy wheels Xtreme, 17 inch red painted brake calipers, different front and rear bumper designs, heated front sports seats and full LED headlights. It holds the track record at the Nürburgring for any seven seat SUV. Since 2019, the British Police use Škoda Kodiaq vRS as police cars.
The Kodiaq GT is the first Škoda coupé since the 1980s. It was introduced at the Guangzhou Motor Show on 16 November 2018. It is sold only in China, and is available with two 2.0 L petrol engines (137 kW and 162 kW).
|Engine designation||Production||Displacement, valvetrain, aspiration||Motive power at max. rpm||Max. torque at rpm||Gearbox (type), drive||Top speed [km/h]||0–100 km/h [s] (0–62 mph)||Comb. consumption [l/100 km]|
|1.4 TSI 110 kW||2017–2018||1395 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||110 kW (148 hp) at 5000–6000 rpm||250 N⋅m (184 lbf⋅ft) at 1500–3500 rpm||6 speed DSG||198 km/h (123 mph)||9.6||6.3|
|1.4 TSI 110 kW 4x4||2017–2018||1395 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||110 kW (148 hp) at 5000–6000 rpm||250 N⋅m (184 lbf⋅ft) at 1500–3500 rpm||6 speed manual||197 km/h (122 mph)||9.8||6.9|
|1.4 TSI 110 kW 4x4||2017–2018||1395 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||110 kW (148 hp) at 5000–6000 rpm||250 N⋅m (184 lbf⋅ft) at 1500–3500 rpm||6 speed DSG||194 km/h (121 mph)||9.9||7.1|
|1.5 TSI 110 kW||2018–||1498 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||110 kW (148 hp) at 5000–6000 rpm||250 N⋅m (184 lbf⋅ft) at 1500–3500 rpm||6 manual/7 speed DSG||204 km/h (127 mph)||8.4||5.4|
|2.0 TSI 132 kW 4x4||2017–2018||1984 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||132 kW (177 hp) at 3900–6000 rpm||320 N⋅m (236 lbf⋅ft) at 1400–3940 rpm||7 speed DSG||207 km/h (129 mph)||8.0||7,4|
|2.0 TSI 140 kW 4x4||2018–||1984 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||140 kW (188 hp)||–||7 speed DSG||–||–||–|
|Engine designation||Production||Displacement, valvetrain, aspiration||Motive power at max. rpm||Max. torque at rpm||Gearbox (type), drive||Top speed||0–100 km/h [s] (0–62 mph)||Comb. consumption [l/100 km]|
|2.0 TDI 110 kW||2017–||1968 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||110 kW (148 hp) at 3500–4000 rpm||340 N⋅m (251 lbf⋅ft) at 1750–3000 rpm||7 speed DSG||199 km/h (124 mph)||10.1||5.0|
|2.0 TDI 110 kW 4x4||2017–||1968 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||110 kW (148 hp) at 3500–4000 rpm||340 N⋅m (251 lbf⋅ft) at 1750–3000 rpm||6 speed manual||197 km/h (122 mph)||9.5||5.4|
|2.0 TDI 110 kW 4x4||2017–||1968 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||110 kW (148 hp) at 3500–4000 rpm||340 N⋅m (251 lbf⋅ft) at 1750–3000 rpm||7 speed DSG||194 km/h (121 mph)||10.2||5.7|
|2.0 TDI 140 kW 4x4||2017–||1968 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||140 kW (188 hp) at 3500–4000 rpm||400 N⋅m (295 lbf⋅ft) at 1750–3250 rpm||7 speed DSG||210 km/h (130 mph)||8.9||5.7|
|2.0 TDI 176 kW 4x4||2018–||1968 ccm, 4V, turbocharged||176 kW (237 hp) at 4000 rpm||500 N⋅m (369 lbf⋅ft) at 1750–2500 rpm||7 speed DSG||221 km/h (137 mph)||6.9||6.4|
- "Skoda Kodiaq 2017 Review – Car Reviews, News & Advice - Red Book". RedBook.
- "WATCH: Škoda Kodiaq large SUV unveiled". Express.co.uk.
- "Skoda Kodiak SUV On Track For 2016 Reveal". 21 December 2015. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Je to oficiální: velké SUV od Škody se bude jmenovat Kodiaq". iDNES.cz. 6 May 2016.
- Jens Meiners (2016-02-17). "Skoda VisionS Concept Provides Glimpse of VW's Three-Row SUV". Car and Driver.
- "New Skoda Kodiaq: everything we know about Skoda's new SUV".
- http://www.wlist.cz, wList.cz. "Škoda Vision S: to je jméno studie SUV Kodiaq, jedna taková už vznikla".
- "Kodiaq moment: snapshots of Skoda's 7-seat SUV". CAR magazine. 29 July 2016.
- "Kodiaq moment: snapshots of Skoda's 7-seat SUV". MOTORSHOW NEWS. 1 October 2016.
- "Alaskans Are So Happy About The Škoda Kodiaq That They Renamed Their City For It". Jalopnik.
- a.s., ŠKODA AUTO. "Kodiaq". media.skoda-auto.com. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- Euro NCAP. "Škoda Kodiaq".
- "Kodiaq hits the trophy trail as TopGear Magazine announces its best cars in the world". Automotive World. 25 November 2016.
- "Škoda oslnila Němce: v testu aut vyhrál Kodiaq, druhý byl Superb Combi". Echo24. 19 July 2017.
- "V zahraničí se opět píše o Škodě. Větší chválu na českou značku nenajdete". AutoRoad.cz.
- "Red Dot Award for KODIAQ and OCTAVIA COMBI". ŠKODA. 4 June 2017.
- "2020 carsales Best Family SUV: The verdict". carsales. 21 February 2020.
- "ŠKODA Car Configurator, KODIAQ SCOUT". ŠKODA AUTO.com.
- "Sporty new Skoda Kodiaq Sportline SUV breaks cover". Auto Express.
- "Kodiaq RS se představuje v Paříži. Je to nejdražší škodovka v historii". iDNES.cz. 2 October 2018.
- "Skoda Kodiaq RS Reporting For Police Duty With Siren, Light Bar". Motor1.com.
- "This is a Skoda Kodiaq vRS police car". Top Gear. 27 June 2019.
- "Skoda reveals Kodiaq GT... for China only". Top Gear. 18 October 2018.
- "New Skoda Kodiaq GT revealed as China-only SUV-coupe". Autocar.co.uk.
- "Kodiaq brožura" (PDF). Škoda.
- "Škoda Kodiaq dostala nové motory. A také výrazně vyšší cenovky..." AutoRevue.cz (in Czech).
|Fabia I||Fabia II||Fabia III|
|Small family car||Rapid||Scala|
|Octavia I||Octavia II||Octavia III||Octavia IV|
|Large family car||Superb I||Superb II||Superb III|