1501 McGill College
|Le 1501 McGill College|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Roof||158 m (518 ft)|
|Floor area||37,746 m2 (406,290 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
Le 1501 McGill College, also known as La Tour McGill, is a 158 m (518 ft), 36-storey skyscraper in Downtown Montreal. Named for its address at 1501 McGill College Avenue, it was completed in 1992 at the same time as the city's two tallest buildings, 1000 de La Gauchetière and 1250 René-Lévesque. It is connected to the McGill Metro station via the Underground City.
Designed by WZMH Architects, the building's postmodern form features a glass curtain wall that varies between blue and green depending on sunlight. The top 4 floors form a pyramid-shaped mechanical penthouse that is lit white at night. At certain times of year, it is lit with a colour (or colours) relating to a holiday or event. For example, it is lit white, green and red during the Christmas holidays (in a similar manner to the Empire State Building), purple and yellow for Easter, orange for Halloween, green for Saint Patrick's Day, red for Valentine's Day, and, as of April 2011, blue, white and red to support the Montreal Canadiens during the Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Bank of Canada
- BMO Capital Markets
- BMO Nesbitt Burns
- Chappuis Halder & Co
- Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg
- Newedge Group
- RBC Dominion Securities
- Société Générale
- Consulate-General of France in Montréal
- "Le 1501 McGill College". Skyscraper Center. CTBUH. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "1501 McGill College". SkyscraperPage.
- 1501 McGill College at Emporis
- 1501 McGill College at IMTL.org
- "Regional Offices". www.bankofcanada.ca.
- "Error - BMO Capital Markets". www.bmocm.com.
- "Wealth Management - BMO Nesbitt Burns". www.bmonesbittburns.com.
- "The Firm". www.dwpv.com.
- "Prime Services". Société Générale.
- "Montreal - Home". dir.rbcinvestments.com.
- "Societe Generale North America". Société Générale.
- "Horaires & accès". Consulat général de France à Montréal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1501 McGill College.|