1916 in association football
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1916 in football (soccer))
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Years in football (soccer):||1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s|
|Years:||1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919|
The following are the football (soccer) events of the year 1916 throughout the world.
- Numerous national championships in Europe are suspended for the duration of the First World War, with a notable exception of the Netherlands, which continues throughout the hostilities.
- 25 April: Football Association of Thailand founded.
- Thailand: Army United F.C. is founded.
Winners club national championship
- Argentina: Racing Club
- Austria: Rapid Vienna
- Belgium: no national championship
- Denmark: KB
- England: no national championship
- France: no national championship
- Germany: no national championship
- Hungary: no national championship
- Iceland: Fram
- Italy: no national championship
- Luxembourg: US Hollerich
- Netherlands: Willem II
- Paraguay: Olimpia
- Scotland: Celtic F.C.
- Sweden: AIK
- Uruguay: Nacional
- Greece: 1913 to 1921 - no championship titles due to the First World War and the Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|