Football Association of Thailand
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Football Association of Thailand (FAT) or the full name is the Football Association of Thailand under Patronage of His Majesty the King (Thai: สมาคมกีฬาฟุตบอลแห่งประเทศไทย ในพระบรมราชูปถัมภ์) is the governing body of association football, futsal and beach soccer in Thailand. It was founded on 25 April 1916. They joined FIFA on 23 June 1925 and AFC in 1954.
Football was introduced into Thailand in 1897. In 1916, King Vajiravudh founded "The Football Association of Thailand under Patronage of His Majesty the King." After that the association joined the FIFA in 1925 and AFC in 1954.
The first football stadium, Supachalasai Stadium, was built in 1935. King's Cup, the first football cup was introduced in 1968. And then two years later, Queen's Cup, a national cup competition, started in 1970.
Thai football competitions
Leagues and tournaments
League competitions in Thailand include :
(See also: Thai football league system for the additional detail about league system.)
- Thai FA Cup - an annual match of football clubs in Thailand.
- Thai League Cup - an annual match of football clubs in Thailand.
- Thailand Champions Cup - an annual match between the champions Thai League 1 and the champions Thai FA Cup or runners-up of the Thai League 1.
- King's Cup - an annual international football competition for national teams.
- Queen's Cup - an annual national football cup competition.
List of Presidents of FAT
The following is a list of presidents of Football Association of Thailand (FAT).
|Presidency||President||Took office||Left office|
The following are the sponsors of FAT (named "FAT Partners"):
- Plan B Media
- Muang Thai Life Assurance
- Government Savings Bank
- Thai AirAsia
- Grand Sport
- Siang Pure
- Football in Thailand
- Football records in Thailand
- Thailand national football team
- Thailand women's national football team
- Thailand national futsal team
- Thailand women's national futsal team
- Thailand national beach soccer team
- Thai League 1
- "ASIAN SOCCER FINALS IN SINGAPORE May be used as Olympic series". The Singapore Free Press. 5 October 1954."Singapore to Meet Indonesia in Asian Soccer Tourney". The Straits Times. 14 June 1955.
- The Nation (3 May 2012). "AirAsia to sponsor national volleyball team". The Nation. Bangkok.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Football in Thailand.|