1957 African Cup of Nations
|كأس أمم أفريقيا 1957|
|Champions||Egypt (1st title)|
|Top scorer(s)||El-Diba (5 goals)|
South Africa was due to play Ethiopia in the semi-finals, but were disqualified due to apartheid. Ethiopia therefore had a bye to the final, whilst in the other semi-final at Municipal Stadium in Khartoum, the Egyptians beat the host nation 2–1. In the final, Egypt beat Ethiopia 4−0, with all four goals scored by El-Diba, who finished the tournament as top scorer with five goals. Only two games were played in this first edition.
|Al-Bashir 58'||Ateya 21' (pen.)
|El-Diba 2', 7', 68', 89'|
- 5 goals
- 1 goal
- Raafat Attia – first ever goal scorer in Africa Cup of Nations.
- Boraî Bashir — "some sources report the Sudan goal-scorer as Seddiq Mohammed Manzul, but contemporary reports mention that "Seddiq passed the ball to Boraî who scored."
- Khaled Abul-Oyoun; Ken Knight; Neil Morrison; Karel Stokkermans (3 October 2013). "African Nations Cup 1957". Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- New dawn for Ethiopia after Nations Cup qualification - BBC Sport
- FIFA : The day it all started for Ad-Diba and the Pharaohs (16 Feb 2017) 
- (Polish) - Onet sport : Puchar Narodów Afryki, czyli piłkarska fantazja w środku ligowego sezonu, by PAWEŁ BANACZYK (14 January 2017) 
- Khaled Abul-Oyoun; Ken Knight; Neil Morrison; Karel Stokkermans (3 October 2013). "African Nations Cup 1957". Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- (Italian) - Opinione Pubblica : Sessant’anni fa la prima Coppa delle Nazioni d’Africa, by i Marco Bagozzi (14 January 2017) 
Media related to 1957 African Cup of Nations at Wikimedia Commons