1973 French Open
|1973 French Open|
|Date:||21 May - 3 June|
|Category:||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Surface:||Clay / Outdoor|
|Location:||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue:||Stade Roland Garros|
|Ilie Năstase |
|Margaret Court |
|John Newcombe / Tom Okker |
|Margaret Court / Virginia Wade |
|Françoise Dürr / Jean-Claude Barclay |
The 1973 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament ran from 21 May until 3 June. It was the 72nd staging of the French Open, and the second Grand Slam tennis event of 1973.
- • It was Năstase's 2nd and last career Grand Slam singles title and his 1st and only title at the French Open.
- • It was Court's 23rd career Grand Slam singles title, her 10th in the Open Era and her 5th and last title at the French Open.
- • It was Newcombe's 14th career Grand Slam doubles title and his 3rd and last title at the French Open.
- • It was Okker's 1st career Grand Slam doubles title and his 1st and only title at the French Open.
- • It was Court's 17th career Grand Slam doubles title, her 8th during the Open Era and her 4th and last title at the French Open.
- • It was Wade's 2nd career Grand Slam doubles title and her 1st and only title at the French Open.
- • It was Dürr's 3rd career Grand Slam mixed doubles title and her 3rd and last title at the French Open.
- • It was Barclay's 3rd and last career Grand Slam mixed doubles title and his 3rd title at the French Open.
Total prize money for the event was FF600,100.
- Năstase did not lose a set during the entire tournament.
- This was Evert's first Grand Slam singles final.
- "ATP – 1973 Roland Garros Men's Singles Draw". ATP.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1973 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA.
- "ATP – 1973 Roland Garros Men's Doubles Draw". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed. ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 389, 396, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
- John Barrett, ed. (1975). World of Tennis '74. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 35. ISBN 978-0362001679.
1972 French Open
|French Open||Succeeded by
1974 French Open
1973 Australian Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1973 Wimbledon Championships