2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour
|2018 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour|
The 2018 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour was a motor race for GT3, GT4 and invited cars, staged at the Mount Panorama Circuit, near Bathurst, in New South Wales, Australia on 4 February 2018. The 16th running of the Bathurst 12 Hour constituted the opening round of the 2018 Intercontinental GT Challenge Series. As per the previous year, the winners of the race were awarded the Australian Tourist Trophy.
The event was declared 10 minutes before the finish of the event after a 3 car incident, involving the #95 Eastgate Engineering MARC Focus, the #69 Supabarn Audi R8 LMS and the #19 Daimler Trucks Brisbane Mercedes-AMG GT3, marking the first time in the Bathurst 12 Hour history that the race was declared before the time cut-off.
51 cars were entered and 50 cars started, with one entry withdrawn following a crash in practice.
Cars competed in the following four classes.
- Class A – GT3 Outright
- Class APP (GT3 Pro) – for driver combinations with no unseeded drivers.
- Class APA (GT3 Pro-Am) – for driver combinations including one unseeded driver.
- Class AAM (GT3 Am) – for driver combinations including two or three unseeded drivers.
- Class B – GT3 Cup Cars
- Class C – GT4
- Class I – Invitational
Bold denotes category winner.
^1 – Daniel Gaunt was added to the Grove Motorsport entry during the race to temporarily replace Brenton Grove who had become ill and the retirement of #3 Audi in which Gaunt was scheduled to drive
^3 – Following an incident in Saturday practice, the #94 MARC Cars Australia car was withdrawn and replaced with the team’s spare car and renumbered #33
- Race time of winning car: 11:38:04.133
- Fastest race lap: 2:01.9575 – Chaz Mostert on lap 7
- Race Information, www.bathurst12hour.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org
- "Tourist Trophy awarded to B12H winners". Speedcafe. 28 June 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2017.
- Audi Trio Win Australian Tourist Trophy, www.cams.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org
- "Audi claims Bathurst 12Hr after late red flag". Speedcafe.com. 4 February 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Entry List". Bathurst 12 Hour. 4 February 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- Dale, Will (4 February 2018). "No.37 Team WRT Audi wins as horror crash cuts race short". News.com.au. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Late Lamborghini switch for Wall Racing". Speedcafe. 3 February 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- Official website
- 2018 Bathurst 12 Hour Entry List, www.bathurst12hour.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org
- Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour Sporting and Technical Regulations, www.bathurst12hour.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org
- 2018 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour (race results), www.bathurst12hour.com.au, as archived at web.archive.org