Age of Consent (song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Age of Consent"|
|Song by New Order|
|from the album Power, Corruption & Lies|
|Released||2 May 1983|
|Power, Corruption & Lies track listing|
The song has been played 208 times in concert by the band, making its live debut in 1982. It returned to live performances in 2011, following a 22-year absence from setlists, having last been played live in 1989.
Use in other media
The song is featured in the teaser trailer of the 2006 film Marie Antoinette, and a karaoke version is in the climactic scene of the 2009 film Modern Love is Automatic.
The intro is also used in an AT&T wireless commercial.
The song was supposed to be used in the film Wayne's World 2. However, the movie producers didn't have the money to pay New Order for the track so a cover version using studio musicians was used in place of the real track.
In 2010, a portion of the song was used in a commercial for Target Corporation.
- Bernard Sumner – vocals, guitars
- Peter Hook – 4- and 6-stringed bass
- Stephen Morris – drums, percussion
- Gillian Gilbert – synthesizers and programming
- New Order – production
- Michael Johnson – engineering
- Barry Sage and Mark Boyne – assistants
It has been covered by numerous bands and performers, including Arcade Fire, Craft Spells, 311, Buffalo Tom, Grant-Lee Phillips, Kevin Drew, Cienfuegos, Masters of the Hemisphere, Craig Marlowe, Hooded Fang, Electric Colony, Kii Noo, Neverending White Lights, Young Statues, Yuck, The Obvious, Buzzcocks, Cayetana, Thursday 29 and Built to Spill.
- "Power, Corruption & Lies – New Order". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "ASCAP entry". Ascap.com. 2007-06-22. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "New Order:Albums:Power, Corruption and Lies". niagara.edu. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Geographer's Cover of New Order Featured in iPad Mini Commercial". Retrieved 27 October 2012.