This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2.99c / 11 October 2018
|Available in||Multilingual (21)|
Ahnenblatt is a genealogy software to create family trees, pedigree charts and ahnentafels. Genealogic data is stored in a proprietary file format, that can be exported to other formats, e.g. GEDCOM.
The name is German and literally means "ancestor sheet".
- Graphical trees – generate family trees (descendant trees) and ancestor trees
- Lists – Ancestor list, Descendant list, Family list, Birthday list, Person Sheet
- Unicode capable – supports international characters
- Auto-completion function for input fields
- Navigator – click through your ancestors
- GEDCOM support – import and export in GEDCOM format
- Multiple export formats – HTML, XML, CSV, Tiny Tafel; – save reports as Microsoft Word document, RTF file; save family trees and statistics as BMP, JPEG, PNG
- Plausibility check – find mistakes in the data
- Portable application – runs from USB drive without installation (Portableapps and U3 stick support)
- Plug-in support – external genealogy applications that can be integrated into Ahnenblatt. Examples of plug-ins:
- Google-Earth plug-in: Locates ancestors in Google Earth
- Calendar-Output plug-in: Export of birthdays into iCalendar (.ics) format
- Place-Name-List plug-in: Creates a list locations by different criteria like places of birth, places of marriage, places of death, etc.
- Add-Source-Information plug-in: Adds a common source to all person entries
- Rename-Pictures plug-in: Renames and sorts all pictures in the format: name_first-name_birth-date_count_extension
- Island-Finder plug-in: Finds groups of people which have no relation to other groups (only in German)
- Lebenszeit plug-in: Generates customizable Lifespan Graph of persons into an HTML table (only in German)
Ahnenblatt is available in the following languages: Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- Ahnenblatt – Freeware zur Ahnenforschung Archived 11 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- python-ahn – Python binding for Data Becker's Familienchronik and Dirk Böttcher's Ahnenblatt family trees – Github