3.36 / 14 January 2022
|Available in||24 languages.|
|License||Freeware and Commercial software|
Ahnenblatt is a genealogy software application for Microsoft Windows developed by German programmer Dirk Böttcher. It features data entry, plausibility check and creation of charts and reports. The software imports and exports GEDCOM files and exports Web pages.
The Beginning (2001–2008)
There are also portable versions to use Ahnenblatt from a USB stick.
With release 2.50 Ahnenblatt began to be multi-lingual. Since then Ahnenblatt is available in 24 languages.
At the same time a branded free version of Ahnenblatt called "It's Our Tree Home Edition" was published for genealogy network verwandt.de by OSN GmbH. This branded version of Ahnenblatt was given up in 2010 when OSN was acquired by MyHeritage.
With version 2.99 Ahnenblatt integrated internet search at online genealogy platform MyHeritage.
Commercial (since 2019)
While free software Ahnenblatt 2.99 is still available, in March 2019 a commercial version 3 was released with extended data features
- Languages – ahnenblatt.com
- Programtips: Ahnenblatt 2.88 (Swedish language) – Dator Magazin
- PROGRAM FOR INTERACTIVE FAMILY-TREE MAKING (Czech language) – MASTER’S THESIS – BRNO UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY – Bc. EVA NAVRÁTILOVÁ - 2019
- Ahnenblatt 2.99a Multilingual + Portable – SoftArchive Applications
- Programy i serwisy genealogiczne — na których za darmo zbudujesz własne drzewo rodzinne (Polish language) – dobreprogramy blog
- Free Family Tree Software Review: Ahnenblatt – Genealogical Musings
- Why is it called "Ahnenblatt"? – ahnenblatt.com
- Programmhistorie (German language) – ahnenblatt.de
- It’s Our Tree Home Edition 1.0 – TechCrunch
- Geni Clone Growing A Lot Faster Than Geni – Modern Software Experience
- MyHeritage.com Acquires Major Family Network OSN (Verwandt.de) to Accelerate Building the World’s Family Graph – businesswire
- MyHeritage Buys Germany's OSN, Now 540 Million Profiles Strong – techcrunch
- Ahnenblatt fügt MyHeritage-Matching-Technologien hinzu (German language) – MyHeritageBlog
- 3.0 final to be released – Ahnenblattportal