|Owner||Apex Tool Group|
|Country||Hartford, Connecticut, USA|
|Previous owners||Allen Manufacturing Company, Danaher Corporation|
|Tagline||"We are the Original!"|
Originally named Allen Manufacturing Company, the business produced hexagonal set screws and wrenches to fasten them. The terms "Allen wrench" and "Allen key" are derived from the Allen brand name and refer to the generic product category "hex keys".
Apex Tool Group currently manufactures Allen-branded products in Dallas, Texas and Shanghai, China. They are made in L-key, folding, and T-handle styles.
- "Allen Brand". Apex Tool Group. Apex Tool Group.
- "Allen Trademark". Serial Number 85451338. USPTO. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Allen Manufacturing Company". Allen Manufacturing Company. Alloy Artifacts. Archived from the original on 30 December 2011. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "About Us : The history of the Allen Manufacturing Company and the rise of the world famous "Allen Wrench"". Allenhex.com. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- "Allen Manufacturing Company". Allen Manufacturing Company. Alloy Artifacts. Archived from the original on 2011-12-30.
|This tool article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|