|Founded||Toronto, Ontario, Canada (September 12, 1912 )|
Number of locations
Number of employees
Gray Tools is a Canadian professional tool company based in Brampton, Ontario. Founded in 1912 by Alex Gray, Gray Tools is Canada's largest professional tool manufacturing company, with 4000 industrial products available.
Gray Tools Canada was founded in 1912 by Alex Gray as a machinery equipment supplier. As the automobile industry was starting up, Gray began making automobile manufacturing tools and tool kits specific to the automobile companies in nearby Detroit. In May 2012, President and owner Alex Gray III sold the company to Garry Nuttall and Frank Dominguez. Alex Gray III remains with the company as chairman.
Gray Tools celebrated its 100th birthday by making a large donation of tools and equipment to local schools and by initiating the Gray Tools Canada Highest Standard Achievement Award, presented to a student with exceptional success in vocational education.
The main focus at Gray tools is the professional hand tool line. Tool storage and organization is a subsidiary product line. A cheaper line of foreign-made tools sold as Dynamic are made to compete with the middle range tool marketplace.
- "Gray Tools Canada Inc Company Information".
- "Canadian Company Capabilities: Gray Tools Canada Inc".. Industry Canada web site.
- Bitti, Mary Theresa. Video: Gray Tools twists what it means to go offshore. Financial Post, 12 December 2003.
- Grant, Tavia. "Canada's labour pain: 1.3 million jobless, but not enough skills". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Gray Tools brightens school programs. Brampton Guardian, 6 March 2013.
- Treble, Patricia. Tool geeks only have eyes for Grays. McLean's magazine, 29 September 2012.
- Gray Tools launches achievement award. Woodworking.
- "Gray Tools Celebrates 100 Years By Giving Back". SNAP Caledon. August 2012.