This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Intertitle of Amrit Manthan
|Created by||Director Kut's Productions|
|Written by||Sonali Jaffar|
M P Anamika
|Directed by||Romesh Kalra|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Director Kut's Productions|
|Original network||Life OK|
|Original release||26 February 2012 –|
2 August 2013
Amrit Manthan (English: The Changes of Amrit) is an Indian television soap opera, which premiered on 26 February 2012 and ran through 2 August 2013. A daily program, it is the story of two sisters who become each other's enemies. This show was also broadcast as Bairi Behna on Star Utsav.
Amrit Manthan is the story of two sisters Amrit and Nimrit. Starting off as best friends, fate leads them to turn into enemies. Nimrit survives Amrit's attempt to kill her but her face is ruined and changed by plastic surgery and she returns as Natasha Oberoi to seize everything that Amrit has taken from her. A lookalike of Nimrit (later revealed to be her long lost twin) comes to town named Shivangi who helps Nimrit in her battle against Amrit and succeeds. Shivangi has left just because of her carrer and married to someone else who is a superstar.
After a series of events, Nimrit thinks that her husband, Agam and Amrit have died, but they had survived. Amrit with Yug as her husband once again returns to ruin her sister's and Agam's life. Later, Amrit wants Gurbani, Nimrit and Agam's daughter to rebel against Nimrit. The plan fails and later Amrit and Nimrit have put their dark past behind them and Amrit has realised her mistake. Bani adores her Amrit maasi and her mother.
Agam gets killed by a new character Angad/Karan due to a misunderstanding. Amrit and Tej decide to get married. Angad forcefully marries Nimrit but later Nimrit accepts him.Rajjo enters when Amrit is held hostage by Yug and Crete’s misunderstandings and so Amrit gets jailed but later Rajjo gets Yug arrested because she finds that he wanted to kill her and her brother then finally making an exit. Tej and Amrit are married and Amrit is pregnant with Tej’s child. Nimrit accepts Angad as her husband and is pregnant again with Angad’s child.
- Adaa Khan as Rajkumari Amrit Tej Malik/ Sodhi/Amrit Agam Malik,Nimrit and Shivangi's elder sister, Agam’s ex wife, Tej's wife, Rudraksh’s ex wife, Yug Mehra’s former fiancée, Adhiraj’s former fiancée and Jyoti’s mother (2012-13)
- Ankita Sharma as Rajkumari Nimrit Kaur Sodhi (after plastic surgery)/Nimrit Agam Malik/Nimrit Angad Malik, Amrit's younger sister and Shivangi's twin sister, Agam-Angad's wife and Bani's mother (2012-13)
- Ankita Sharma as Natasha Oberoi/Natasha Yug Mehra, Mr Oberoi's daughter whose face was given to Nimrit (2012) (dead)
- Dimple Jhangiani as Rajkumari Nimrit Kaur Sodhi/Nimrit Agam Malik (before plastic surgery) (2012)
- Dimple Jhangiani as Shivangi Kaur Sodhi, Nimrit's twin sister (2012)
- Navi Bhangu as Agam Mahinder Malik/Agam Sehgal, Amrit's former fiance, Nimrit's first husband and Bani's father (2012-13) (dead)
- Wasim Mushtaq as Tej Malik, Amrit's husband and Jyoti’s father (2012-13)
- Angad Hasija as Angad Malik/Karan Chabiara, Nimrit's second husband (2013)
- Karan Veer Mehra as Yug Mehra, Amrit's former fiance, Natasha's husband (2012-13)
- Ananya Agarwal as Gurbani Agam Malik/Bani, Agam and Nimrit's daughter (2012-13)
- Dhriti Mehta as Jyoti Tej Malik/Jyoti Agam Malik, Tej and Amrit’s daughter (2012-13)
- S.P Lalwani as Mahinder Malik, Agam's father (2012-13)
- Gaurav Nanda as Bhupinder Singh/Pritam Bakshi (2012)
- Mohan Kapoor as Mr Oberoi, Natasha's father (2012-13)
- Deepak Sandhu as Vishal Sehgal
- Ananya Khare as Indu Chabiara (2013)