|Civic Agency||Anakaputhur Municipality|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Anakaputhur is a neighbourhood of Chennai in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located next to Pammal on the western side. Anakaputhur was once famous for its traditional weaving business, which has declined due to modern competition. As of 2011, the town had a population of 48,050.
According to 2011 census, Anakaputhur had a population of 48,050 with a sex-ratio of 989 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 5,404 were under the age of six, constituting 2,736 males and 2,668 females. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 15.19% and 0.3% of the population respectively. The average literacy of the town was 78.03%, compared to the national average of 72.99%. The town had a total of 12146 households. There were a total of 18,103 workers, comprising 24 cultivators, 126 main agricultural labourers, 382 in house hold industries, 15,517 other workers, 2,054 marginal workers, 16 marginal cultivators, 20 marginal agricultural labourers, 65 marginal workers in household industries and 1,953 other marginal workers. As per the religious census of 2011, Anakaputhur had 83.55% Hindus, 6.01% Muslims, 10.09% Christians, 0.01% Sikhs, 0.01% Buddhists, 0.14% Jains, 0.19% following other religions and 0.0% following no religion or did not indicate any religious preference.
Anakaputhur is located at 
- Adanji Amman Kovil, Anakaputhur
- Ayodi Amman Kovil
- Angalaparameshwari Amman Kovil
- Sri Varasakthi Vinayagar Mandir
- Aallavatta Amman Kovil
- Subramaniya Swamy Thirukkovil
- Arulmigu Anandavalli Sametha Agastheeswarar Temple
- Devi Shri Kanni Amman Koil
- Muthumari Amman Kovil
- TPM (The Pentecostal Mission)
- MPA Church
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
- CSI Church
- Jesus Lives Assemblies of God Church
- St. Antony's RC Church
- Ganesh Cinemas Hall.
- Velco Cinemas.
- Arunmathi Theatre.
Anakaputhur is connected to other parts of Chennai by MTC and other private bus operators. Frequent services are available to Poonamallee, Kundrathur, Tambaram, Iyyapanthangal, Pattabiram, Avadi, Keelkattalai, Thiruvallur, Hasthinapuram, Broadway, Mount Road, Adayar, Thiruporur, Paduur, Thiruneermalai, and Pozhichallur. The neighborhood is served by Pallavaram railway station of the Chennai Suburban Railway Network and the nearest airport to Anakaputhur is Chennai International Airport (3 km).
RTO : TN85
Office : Kundrathur
Address : 115/2D, Kundrathur Main Road, Kovoor
Pincode : 600122
- "Firka list by Government" (PDF).
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals - Anakaputhur". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Population By Religious Community - Tamil Nadu" (XLS). Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Anakaputhur
- "Transport e-Service - Know your Regional Transport Office".