|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Selaiyur is a Neighbourhood near Tambaram, Chennai (Madras). This Place is located on the Tambaram - Velachery Road. Once upon a time, this place was called as Silaiyur. Neighbouring towns include Tambaram, Madambakkam, Rajakilpakkam, Sembakkam, Chitlapakkam and Medavakkam. The Indian AirForce has one if its bases here. It has been a preferred area for most of the retired airforce families and hence there are mix of people like north Indians, andhraites, keralites etc. Over the past few years this suburb has rapidly developed in terms of population due to the presence of vast number of private companies (national and multi national) present nearby. The nearest neighbourhood station is Tambaram station and the Chennai airport (domestic and international) is only about 9 km away. Selaiyur has bus connectivity to all the main regions of the city. The East tambaram bus terminus is about 3 km away and passengers can also board the buses in camp road junction bus stop located in Selaiyur.
- Abhirami udanurai Amirthakadeswarar Temple.
- Patronizes regular Thevaram chanting.
- Arulmigu Adhi Kesava Perumal Temple, Selaiyur
- Arulmigu Nellore Amman Temple, Selaiyur
- Shri Veerabadhra Swamy Temple, Selaiyur
Selaiyur has an ancient temple tank in its midst. This tank belonged to the nearby Perumal temple. It is said that a record, 400 years ago by Chola king Thribhuvana Chakravarthy Vijaykanda Gopalan states that the tank belonged to the Perumal temple.
Selaiyur is well connected by MTC. The nearest railway station is 3 kilometres away at Tambaram. The nearest airport is Chennai International Airport at Meenambakkam. The main mode of transport and conveyance are buses and share-autos. The following buses ply towards Camp Road. Camp Road is the main junction in the locality where many important banks like SBI, HDFC, AXIS are situated.
List of buses from Tambaram East
- 51A - Agaram Then
- 51T - Ponmar/Madhurappakkam
- 51K - Karanai/Navalur
- 51D - Highcourt
- PP51 - Highcourt
- 51 - Velacherry
- M11 - Madipakkam
- 5A - T. Nagar
- A51 - High Court
- 51H - Saidapet
- M51 - Mylapore
- 95 - Thiruvanmiyur
- 99 - ADYAR
- V51 - T.nagar
- 51G - Vengaivasal
- 5A - T.Nagar
- L51 - CMBT Bus Terminus
- T151 - Kovalam
- 500J - Chengalpet
- 21J - Gudvancherry
- S6 - Vengampakkam
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple, Ahobila Mutt, Behind Selaiyur Police Station
- Arulmigu Nellore Amman Temple, New Balaji Nagar, Barathi Nagar Selaiyur.
- Shri Vembuli Amman Thunai Temple
- Rama Koti Nama Bhaktha Anjeya Swami Temple, Maruthy Nagar
- Arulmigu Abirami Amman Udanurai Amirdhagadeswarar Temple - considered as "Chennaiyin Thirukadaiyur"
- Amirthavalli Thayar samedha Adikesavaperumal Temple (Behind Selayur ICICI bank)
- Lord Dhenupureeswarar Temple, Madambakkam
- The Sathguru Sri Seshadri Swamigal Brindavanam Trust, Madambakkam
- Kailasanather Temple, Paduvancherry
- Siva Temple, Agaramthen
- Perumaul Koil, Padmavathy nagar, 12th street.
- Sri Saibaba Temple, IAF Road, Near Ricky Garden and IAF Base, Selaiyur.
- Shri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple
- Aathichudi International Pre School, Mohan Nagar
- Christ King Convent
- Corley Higher Secondary School
- Christ King Girls Higher Secondary School
- Alwin Memorial Public School
- Boaz Public School, Gowrivakkam
- Sitadevi Garodia Hindu Vidyalaya
- Tamil Nadu State Govt. Corporation School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, AFS Tambaram
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2, AFS Tambaram
- Sri Sankara Vidyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Pavitra Nursery School, Brindavan Nagar Extn.
- Zion Matriculation School
- Bharath University
- Alpha Marticulation and Higher Secondary School
- Sri Lakshmi Ammal Engineering College
- Lydia Matriculation School
- Sree Gugans CBSE School
- St. Marks Matriculation School - Camp Road
- Apollo Computer Education