December 1, 1954 |
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
|Other names||Nanette Heaven, Annette Funette, Cheryl Nelson, Annette Robinson|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|No. of adult films||97 (per IAFD)|
Haven was born in Las Vegas, Nevada and raised in a conservative Mormon family. Haven later claimed that part of her reason for entering porn was that she wanted to show that "sex is not sinful" and could be pleasurable. When she was 17 years old, she married her boyfriend, but they were divorced two years later. Following the dissolution of her marriage, Haven moved to San Francisco, where she began dancing in erotic shows, and she eventually worked as a stripper. While working in one of the strip clubs, she met porn star Bonnie Holiday and moved in with her and her boyfriend.
She was introduced to the sex industry through a role in a film called Lady Freaks in 1973, starring Holiday. Annette Haven went on to work in nearly 100 porn movies, including Desires Within Young Girls (1977), Obsessed (1977), A Coming of Angels (1977), Barbara Broadcast (1977), Dracula Sucks (aka Lust At First Bite) (1978) and The Grafenberg Spot (1985). Haven had a mainstream acting role in Blake Edwards' 10. She was considered to play the lead female role in Body Double, which eventually went to Melanie Griffith, and she became one of the director's consultants for the film. Before filming Body Double, its director Brian De Palma commented, "I'm already thinking of casting. I don't know if there's any good young porno stars out here, but the older ones - Annette Haven, Seka - some of them can really act. And Annette Haven has a terrific body."
- Stephen Prince, Charles Harpole (2002). A New Pot of Gold: Hollywood Under the Electronic Rainbow, 1980-1989. University of California Press. p. 122. ISBN 0-520-23266-6.
- David Horowitz, Peter Collier (1994). The Heterodoxy handbook: how to survive the PC campus. Regnery Publishing. pp. 117–118. ISBN 0-89526-731-4.
- "Annette Haven". AnnetteHaven.net. Retrieved April 1, 2012.
- Official webpage; accessed July 29, 2015.
- Brian De Palma, Laurence F. Knapp (2003). Brian De Palma: interviews. University Press of Mississippi. p. 91. ISBN 1-57806-516-X.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- Profile, avnawards.com; accessed July 29, 2015.
- Personal website
- Annette Haven at the Internet Movie Database
- Annette Haven at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Annette Haven at the Adult Film Database