An Aird Uachtarach (Irish)
Location of Castlereagh Lower, County Down, Northern Ireland.
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Ards Upper (named after the former barony of Ards) is a barony in County Down, Northern Ireland. It lies on the southern half of the Ards Peninsula in the east of the county, with the Irish Sea to its east and Strangford Lough to its west. It is bordered by two other baronies: Ards Lower to the north; and Lecale Lower just across the mouth of Strangford Lough to the south.
The barony of Ards Upper was created in 1851 when the barony of Ards was split into two, the other part being Ards Lower.
List of settlements
List of civil parishes
- St. Andrews (alias Ballyhalbert)
- Logainm - Ards Upper
- PRONI Baronies of Northern Ireland
- Database of Irish Historical Statistics - Literacy Notes
- "Ards Upper". IreAtlas Townlands Database. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- PRONI Civil Parishes of County Down