Argentine Air Force Mobile Field Hospital
|Argentine Air Force Mobile Field Hospital|
The Argentine Air Force Mobile Field Hospital (Spanish: Hospital Reubicable de la Fuerza Aérea ) is a field hospital operated by the Argentine Air Force. It is one of three health centres of its kind worldwide.
The unit has a 64-member staff personnel between militaries and civilians and is made up to 14 containers Pictorial[permanent dead link] which when they are all assembled together they occupy 360 m2. Fourteen flights of C-130 Hercules aircraft are needed to fully deploy the Hospital.
Thanks to its isolation, the construction can withstand temperatures from -15 to 40 Celsius and can endure harsh tremors as demonstrated to remain operational after the earthquake of January 2010 in Haiti.
- 1981 : San Luis Province
- 1982 : Comodoro Rivadavia during the Falklands War
- 1983 : Chaco and Formosa provinces
- 1984-1986 : Buenos Aires province
- 1993-1995 : Mozambique under United Nations mandate
- 2000-2003 : Kosovo Force (KFOR) under NATO mandate 
- 2004 : Deployment to Afghanistan aborted due Hurricane Jeanne: Deployed to Haiti instead.
- 2004–Present : MINUSTAH medical facility in Haiti ( Google Maps, picture[permanent dead link])
- 2010 feb/sep : Curicó after the Chile earthquake  video Chile
2010 Haiti earthquake
On January 12, 2010 while deployed at Port-au-Prince serving as medical facility for MINUSTAH troops the hospital was the only one still opened following the earthquake treating nearly 1,000 people on the first night
Both U.S. presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton congratulated Argentina for the Hospital quick response in the first critical hours after the earthquake  The same did Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during her visit to Buenos Aires on 1 March 2010 
- La Fuerza Aérea dará apoyo sanitario en Puerto Príncipe
- El hospital argentino en Haití, un reflejo de los dramas cotidianos
- Un hospital es blanco del conflicto étnico
- "El hospital argentino es el único centro de atención para las miles de víctimas del terremoto" [The Argentine hospital is the only center of attention for the thousands of earthquake victims]. January 14, 2010. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016.
- "Hospital Reubicable" [Relocatable Hospital]. Archived from the original on 2009-10-16.
- "Official FAA report". Archived from the original on 2012-04-19.
- "Militares argentinos intervienen en Kosovo" [Argentine military intervene in Kosovo]. October 11, 1999.
- "Los argentinos que trabajan por la paz en Kosovo" [Argentines who work for peace in Kosovo]. March 21, 2000.
- "Partió Hacia Chile Avión Hércules Con Ayuda Humanitaria" [Partió To Chile Aircraft Hércules With Humanitarian Aid]. 1 March 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-09-28.
- "Only one hospital open in Haiti's quake hit capital". Courier Mail. 2010-01-13.
- "Cnn Haiti Earthquake news". CNN. 2010-01-13.
- "Obama y Clinton elogiaron la labor humanitaria de Argentina" [Obama and Clinton praised the humanitarian work of Argentina]. 16 January 2010.
- "I thanked the president for the excellent work that is done by the Argentine doctors and peacekeepers in Haiti". March 1, 2010. Archived from the original on 3 June 2011.