A rainbow over coconut trees in a field in Ashtamichira
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||0480 289|
|Vehicle registration||KL- 45|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chalakudy|
Ashtamichira is centered on the Ashtamichira junction, which houses major businesses and establishments. It has also been a center of growth in the past decade, with numerous businesses opening up in the area. The vast paddy fields and coconut groves that surround Ashtamichira represent the core strength of the area, which is agriculture. Ashtamichira has historically been an agrarian community, but the economic growth of India in the past decade has started to show its effect in the community's shift away from agriculture.
Geography and demographics
- 33 km (21 mi) south west of Thrissur
- 55 km (34 mi) north of Cochin
- 10 km (6.2 mi) west of Chalakudy
- 4 km (2.5 mi) north of Mala
- 18 km (11 mi) south east of Irinjalakuda
- 15 km (9.3 mi) south east of Kodungallur - The historical place, former kingdom and historical port (mussris).
- Population -
- Language - Malayalam
- Religions - Hinduism, Christianity, Islam
Ashtamichira lies 10 km (6.2 mi) west of the national highway NH-47.
The nearest railway stations are Irinjalakuda and Chalakudy, both are 8 km (5.0 mi) away. Chalakudy is served by all major trains running through Kerala and is the best access to Ashtamichira for long distance travelers.
The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport (COK), which is about 25 km (16 mi) away.
Places of worship
Nearest places of worship are:
- Ashtamichira Mahadeva Kshetram
- Urundolil Sree Bhagavathy Kshetram
- Pambumekkatu Mana
- Chakkamparambu Kshetram
- Kannankattil Kshetram
- Maniyankavu Kshetram
- Kattikarakunnu Juma Masjid
- Ashtamichira east Juma Masjid
- Umer Farooq Juma Masjid & Hilaliya Madrassa, Marekkad
- St. Thomas Forane Church, Ambazhakadu
- St. Antonys Church, Puliyilakunnu
Gandhi Smaraka High School (GSHS)
Gandhi Smaraka Lower Primary School(GSLPS)
Nalanda College(Educational institution)
Grameena Vayanasala (Library)
Jeevana Kala Kshetram (Art of Living Center)
Vidhya College(upcoming institution for art and culture)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashtamichira.|