Auckland Girls' Grammar School
|Auckland Girls' Grammar School|
The school seen from Hopetoun Street, looking north
|Howe Street, Newton, Auckland|
|Type||State single-sex girls' secondary school (Years 9-13)|
|Motto||Latin: Per Angusta Ad Augusta
"Through trials to triumph"
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||53|
|Colour(s)||gold, navy blue|
|School roll||1176 (July 2017)|
Auckland Girls' Grammar School (AGGS) is a New Zealand secondary school for girls located in Newton, in the Auckland central business district. Established in 1888, it is one of the oldest secondary institutions in the country. The school received the Goodman Fielder awards for School and Secondary School of the year in 2000.
The main block is listed as a Category II Historic Place.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Zoë Bell - stuntwoman and actress
- Sue Bradford - politician and activist
- Dorothy Butler - author
- Kayla Cullen - Northern Mystics netball player
- Lana Coc-Kroft - NZ Miss Universe 1988, television presenter
- Katrina Grant - NZ Silver Ferns
- Siositina Hakeai - NZ Athlete
- Laila Harré - union leader
- Doreen Lumley - athlete
- Rose Matafeo - Comedian and TV Presenter
- Miriama Smith - actress
- Kahurangi Taylor - Miss New Zealand 2008
- Hon. Georgina te Heuheu - National MP, former Minister of Courts and Women's Affairs under 1996 National-New Zealand First Government
- Poto Williams - Labour MP for Christchurch East
- Tammy Wilson - Black Ferns
- "Directory of Schools - as at 2 August 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Auckland Girls Grammar School wins Goodman Fielder School of the Year Archived 29 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Auckland Girls Grammar School Main Blk". Register of Historic Places. Heritage New Zealand. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
|This New Zealand school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|