- For the 1994 Lion Red Cup Team see Auckland City Vulcans
|Colours||Blue & White|
|Competition||New South Wales Cup|
The Auckland Vulcans were an Auckland based rugby league club that participated in the New South Wales Cup. They were administered by the Rugby League Development Foundation. The team was selected from the Auckland Rugby League's Fox Memorial Competition and also used New Zealand Warriors squad members not selected for NRL duty. In 2007 the team was known as the Auckland Lions. In 2011 the Vulcans made their first appearance in a grand final, eventually going down to the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. They were replaced in the NSW Cup in 2014 by the New Zealand Warriors, who submitted their own team.
Four players have played for the Vulcans and the Junior Warriors and then gone on to make their National Rugby League debut with the New Zealand Warriors. They are Russell Packer, Daniel O'Regan, Sonny Fai and Leeson Ah Mau.
In 2008 Ruben Wiki played in one match for the Vulcans.
- Three Vodafone Warriors teams in 2014 Archived October 16, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. thewarriors.com.au, 16 October 2013
- Price's 300 and four newcomers features of side to face eels[permanent dead link] Warriors Official Site, 10 March 2009
- Vodafone Warriors coach to guide Vulcans in 2012 Archived July 18, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. warriors.co.nz, 2 February 2012
- Swann named as Vulcans' new coach New Zealand Herald, 4 December 2012
|This article about an Australian sports team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a rugby league football team or club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|