|Municipality of Balud|
Silhouette of Jintotolo Island
Map of Masbate with Balud highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Barangays||32 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Ruben Jude D. Lim|
|• Vice Mayor||Felimon C. Abelita III|
|• Congressman||Elisa T. Kho|
|• Electorate||26,518 voters (2019)|
|• Total||231.00 km2 (89.19 sq mi)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|• Income class||4th municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||42.27% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||103,450,468.71 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)56|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Native languages||Masbateño language|
The name Balud came from the name of a bird.
- Baybay (Lumocab)
- Mabuhay (Bongcanaway III)
- Poblacion (Balud)
- Quinayangan Diotay
- Quinayangan Tonga
- San Andres (Quinayangan Dacu)
- San Antonio
- Villa Alvarez
Panguiranan is a village/barangay located on the east side of the Municipality of Balud. With the growing population and a thriving fishing area within the Asid Gulf, Panguiranan is a hub for small fisherman in selling their day's catch.
|Population census of Balud|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Balud, Masbate, was 38,124 people, with a density of 170 inhabitants per square kilometre or 440 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|