|Municipality of Mandaon|
Map of Masbate with Mandaon highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Founded||April 27, 1554|
|Barangays||26 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Kristine Salve E. Hao|
|• Vice Mayor||Romeo Refil Villanueva|
|• Electorate||21,915 voters (2016)|
|• Total||280.80 km2 (108.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||150/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)56|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||111 million (2016)|
|Native languages||Masbateño language|
- Polo Dacu
- San Juan
- San Pablo
- Santa Fe
|Population census of Mandaon|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Mandaon, Masbate, was 41,262 people, with a density of 150 inhabitants per square kilometre or 390 inhabitants per square mile.
The municipality is home to the 3,668-hectare campus of the only state college in the province of Masbate: the Dr. Emilio B. Espinosa Sr. Memorial State College of Agriculture and Technology (DEBESMSCAT), named after the former congressman of the province, Dr. Emilio B. Espinosa, Sr.
The different high schools in the municipality are the following:
- Federico A. Estipona Memorial High School
- Cabitan National High School
- San Pablo National High School
- Buri National High School
- Bugtong National High School
- Cleofe A. Arce Memorial High School
- Lantangan High School
- Tumalaytay High School
- Jose Zurbito Mesa S. Memorial Elementary School
- Bugtong Elementary School
- Pulo Dacu Elementary School
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.