List of markets in Bangkok
(Redirected from Bangkok markets)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tha Tian Market (one of famous historical ordinary community market of Rattanakosin Island, Bangkok)
- Sampheng or the official name Soi Wanich 1 (a small alleyway lined with numerous shops, and part of Bangkok's Chinatown)
- Phahurat Market or often known as Thailand's Little India, a largest textile market in Bangkok and Thailand
- Ban Mo Market, open-air market near Sampheng, Phahurat Market, and Pak Khlong Market is a famous market in electroacoustics and other appliances including jewelries
- Asiatique The Riverfront (night market by the Chao Phraya River, opened in 2012)
- Chatuchak Weekend Market (JJ Market), the largest weekend market of the world
- Or Tor Kor Market, located near Chatuchak Weekend Market. The most popular Thai food market in Thailand.
- Chula Soi 12 (Suanluang Square), located near Chulalongkorn University. The most popular sportswear market in Thailand.
- JJ Green market. Second hand items, restaurants, live music. Close to the Chatuchak weekend market. Located on Kamphaeng Phet 3 road behind the Jatujak park.
- Sunday Market, Thailand's largest ornamental fish market, it is a part of the Chatuchak Weekend Market. Located near J.J Mall, Queen Sirikit Park and Children's Discovery Museum
- Patpong Night Market (tourist oriented)
- Pratunam Market (tourist oriented)
- Soi Lalai Sap or Si Lom Soi 5
- Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchadaphisek (new mall and open air market; phase 1 opens 2012)
- Talat Rot Fai (daily night market and weekend flea market) Located behind the Seacon Square shopping mall.
- Wang Lang Market. Day market near the Siriraj Hospital and Siriraj Medical Museum. Clothing (new and second-hand), food, small goods.
- Thonburi Market (Sanam Luang 2), the weekend market in Thonburi side like JJ Market
- Bon Marché Market, good atmosphere market in Chatuchak District.
- Bo-bae Market, wholesale and retail cheap clothes market located near Hua Lamphong and Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem
- Major Ratchayothin Market (Selling many things from clothes to watches/sunglasses etc. next to the Major Cineplex Ratchayothin opened every day from 16:00 to 23:00)
- Bang Rak Market - Best walk of local flea market in Bangkok. Next to Robinson Department Store (Bang Rak), Tak Sin MRT station and Tak Sin boat pier. Besides selling merchadises, they also have very nice local food trucks and stalls, beer bar, beauty salon, tattoo shop, etc. Hotels near by walking distance; Shangri-la, The Oriental Bangkok, Peninsula (by boat), Hilton Millennium (by boat). Open every day, 15:00-23:00.
- Bangkok Gate Plaza, Phahon Yothin 54/2, Sai Mai Subdistrict, Sai Mai District, Bangkok 10220
- Suea Pa Plaza, largest retail and wholesale IT equipments and mobile phone accessories in Bangkok located near Khlong Thom and Sampheng
- Nang Loeng Market, Thailand's oldest officially land market has been operating since the reign of King Rama V located near Government House and Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem
- Huai Khwang Market, night market in Huai Khwang District close to Huai Khwang MRT station opened daily from 17:00 to 05:00
- Hua Takhae Market, a traditional market by the Khlong Prawet Burirom in Lat Krabang District suburb Bangkok near Hua Takhe railway station
- Siam Gypsy Junction Market, night flea market selling second hand goods, antiques, artworks, handicrafts, clothes, accessories including pets and ornamental plants in hipster style like Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchadaphisek or Talat Rot Fai located under the Bang Son MRT station near Bang Sue MRT station including Bang Sue Junction Railway Station and Bang Sue Central Station
- New Don Mueang Market, largest wholesale and retail cosmetics market located near Don Mueang International Airport, north Bangkok
- Sampeng II Plaza, modernized Chinese land and floating markets on Kanlapaphruek Road, Bang Khae District, its name is derived from Sampheng
- Pak Khlong Market (by the Chao Phraya River, fresh flowers and vegetables)
- Khlong Toei Market (in the Khlong Toei district, largest wet market in Bangkok)
- Bang Khae Market, a large area wet market in Bang Khae District, Thonburi side by the Khlong Phraya Ratcha Montri
- Talat Phlu Market, one of Bangkok's oldest market and community located in Thonburi side, nowadays, it is well known as a hub of street food
- Tha Din Daeng Market, market and one of the oldest community of the Thonburi side like the Talat Phlu located opposite Sampheng, the Chao Phraya River is separated.
- Wongwian Yai Market, a large wet market in Thonburi side like Bang Khae Market located near Wongwian Yai and Wongwian Yai Railway Station
- Bang Khun Si Market, good atmosphere wet market in Thonburi side near Charansanitwong Halt and Taling Chan Floating Market
- Sala Nam Ron Market, wet market in Bangkok Noi District near Bangkok Noi Railway Station and Siriraj Hospital
- Saphan Pla Krung Thep Market, only fish market in Bangkok, located on Charoen Krung Road in Yannawa District operated by Fish Marketing Organization
- Bangkok Noi and Phran Nok Markets, two adjacent markets located on Itsaraphap Road near Phran Nok and Ban Noen Intersections including Bangkok Noi railway station
- Sri Yan Market, a famous market in the variety of street food, located on Nakhon Chaisi Road in Dusit District between Thewet and Bang Krabue Intersections and near Ratchawat Intersection
- Bang Bon Market or Ekkachai Market and Sirichai Market, two adjacent large wet market site on Ekkachai Road, which the road toward Maha Chai (Samut Sakhon Province), so most of the products in both markets are seafood from Maha Chai and full of Burmese and Isan workers.
- Maha Nak Market or Saphan Khao Market, a largest wholesale fruits in Bangkok located near Bo-bae Market
- Ying Charoen Market, a large wet market in the area of Saphan Mai within Bang Khen District, Bangkok north side, fresh food, dried food, 24-hour food court
- Simum Muang Market, a large wholesale fruits and vegetables located in suburb Bangkok near Don Mueang International Airport, most greengrocers move from Pak Khlong Market in 1995 after the official launch
- Tai Market, wholesale center of agricultural products 24 hours to start trading since 1995 before the official opening in 1997, most greengrocers move from Pak Khlong Market in 1995 like Simum Muang Market. Located in suburb Bangkok near Rangsit
- Taling Chan Floating Market
- Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market
- Wat Sai floating market
- Bang Namphueng Floating Market
- Kwan Riam Floating Market
Closed down markets
- Khlong Lod Market (night market near Sanam Luang, new and second-hand cheap clothes, shoes, jeans, toys)
- Saphan Phut Night Market (night market near Saphan Phut (Memorial Bridge) and Pak Khlong Market, new and second-hand cheap clothes, shoes, jeans, toys like Khlong Lod Market)
- Khlong Thom Market (weekend market near Yaowarat. The most popular tools, toys and porn videos in Thailand)
- Saphan Lek Market (weekend market near Khlong Thom Market. The most popular tools, toys and video games in Thailand)
- Thieves' Market or well as known as Nakhon Khasem (one of Bangkok's oldest markets and communities, close to Khlong Thom Market)
- Sripaisit Night Bazaar (Siam Paradise Night Bazaar) (Sukhumvit 101/1, trendy clothes, shoes, handicraft, souvenirs)
- Suan Lum Night Bazaar (trendy lifestyle)
- Tha Chang Market (next to the Grand Palace, new and second-hand small goods, amulets, traditional medicine)
- Tha Pra Chan Market (by the Chao Phraya River, amulets)
- Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem Floating Market, floating market on Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem near Government House according to the policy of the Prime Minister of Thailand Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, operated between 2015–17