From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Battleaxe (disambiguation).
|Elevation||5,566 ft (1,697 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||1,018 ft (310 m) |
|Listing||List of mountains of Oregon|
|Location||Marion County, Oregon, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Battle Ax|
|Age of rock||1 to 2 million years|
|Mountain type||Shield volcano|
|Volcanic arc||Cascade Volcanic Arc|
|Easiest route||Trail hike|
Battle Ax is a shield volcano in the Cascade Range of Oregon. The shield is mostly made of andesite. The summit is in the Bull of the Woods Wilderness and can be reached by the Battle Ax Mountain trail.
- "Battle Ax". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- "Battle Ax, Oregon". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2012-12-20.
- "Battle Ax". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- "Battle Ax Mountain, Oregon". Volcano World. Oregon State University. Archived from the original on 2013-12-30. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "Battle Ax Mountain Trail #3340". Willamette National Forest, USDA Forest Service. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Reed, Ione (December 25, 1971). "What, Indeed, Is in a Name?". Eugene Register-Guard. p. 8. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Battle Ax". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
|This Marion County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|